28/08/2019 - Welcome to 2lewd.

• tn5421 08-30-2019, 02:29 AM
    My PMs are...missing at the moment.
    The Lawli user style is messed up now, but that's a me problem.
    I'm not a big fan of the dedicated reply page being gone, but most forum software deals away with that these days.
  • Kukuru 08-30-2019, 08:22 AM
    2lewd is nice
    good job clickbait
    one issue: lit unread indicators (hearts) don't go dark even when there's no more unread topics in a category
  • Kukuru 08-30-2019, 08:33 AM
    Css for automatically collapsing quotes inside quotes
    To use it install Stylus extension for your browser and select "Write style for: lewd.sx" in it's window
    then copy & paste this and save

Code:
    .content > blockquote > blockquote {
      max-height: 1.5em;
      overflow: hidden;
    }
    .content > blockquote:hover > * {
      max-height: none;
    }
    .content > blockquote > blockquote::before {
      content: "~snip!~";
    }
    .content > blockquote:hover > blockquote::before {
      content: "";
    }

quotes are expanded your cursor is over them
  • JailGoer 08-30-2019, 06:29 PM
    RSS for categories don't work anymore.
    Clicking the search button just leads to an error page.
  • Backlash 08-31-2019, 07:12 AM (Edited 08-31-2019, 07:52 AM)
    Any chance you could get password resets up soon? I was gonna post a thread from my new PC, but KeePass apparently has an outdated password. >_<

Edit: Neever mind~. Since I do software testing these days, I've isolated the defect down below.

Summary:
    > Login > Existing User > Reset Password - Clicking the generated link to reset your password after entering it incorrectly leads to a 404 page.

Steps to Replicate:
    1. Open a Private Browsing window and access the login page.
    2. Click the "Login" button. Do not enter any credentials.
    3. Above the text boxes, the application should offer you a link to retrieve your forgotten password. Screenshots available upon request.
    Expected:
    The application should link to https://lewd.sx/recovery, which would let the user reset their password.

Actual:
    The application instead links to https://lewd.sx/member.php?action=lostpw, which is not defined.

Edit the Second: Interesting... It seems like numbered lists don't work, and a line break is entered after the links I posted. I'm going to assume that's unexpected behavior.
  • malmon 08-31-2019, 09:41 AM
    Time format setting also isn't respected
  • Angel 08-31-2019, 07:28 PM
    I don't like how this thread started as a welcoming but now its the "Report bugs/etc" thread :l
  • raredragon 09-03-2019, 06:42 AM
    nice going
  • Red 09-03-2019, 04:56 PM
    forgot about this site lol glad i got the email
  • Backlash 09-03-2019, 05:00 PM
    (09-03-2019, 04:56 PM)Red Wrote: forgot about this site lol glad i got the email

I remember you, though. How've ya been, love? ^^
  • Red 09-03-2019, 05:05 PM
    (09-03-2019, 05:00 PM)Backlash Wrote:
    (09-03-2019, 04:56 PM)Red Wrote: forgot about this site lol glad i got the email

i've been great, it's good to be remembered lol
  • Loko 09-03-2019, 11:41 PM
    (09-03-2019, 05:05 PM)Red Wrote:
    (09-03-2019, 05:00 PM)Backlash Wrote:

i've been great, it's good to be remembered lol

Heyyy, I remember you too! Welcome back :)
  • Neelon 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM
    This looks pretty nice
  • Clickbait 09-07-2019, 05:05 PM
    (09-06-2019, 04:34 PM)Neelon Wrote: This looks pretty nice

ty
  • mnl 09-08-2019, 02:48 AM
    Took a while, but now that I've gotten used to it I really like the new design! Very slick.

Avatars are a bit too small for my taste. They've always felt like a huge part of each posters personality, but maybe that's just me.
  • All in One 12-06-2019, 07:38 PM (Edited 12-06-2019, 07:41 PM)
    I'm currently having a strange issue connecting to the site. When I logged in (inside of a thread, if it means anything) every lewd.sx url would resolve to a completely blank page. This is persistent across multiple browsers and devices. I was able to get past on it my Desktop Firefox by playing around with some of my block settings. I was able to connect with cookies blocked but turning them back on would bring me back to the blank page. Then I tried enabling cookies and blocking scripts and xhr, which seemed to fix whatever was causing it. I re-enabled both scripts and xhr afterwards and they don't cause any trouble now. I was able to reproduce it. Enabling cookies and then enabling scripts and xhr seems to be the fix on the client side.

Edit: It actually seems to be something VPN related that's tripping it.Only just started happening now, though.
  • malmon 12-07-2019, 10:19 AM
    (12-06-2019, 07:38 PM)All in One Wrote: I'm currently having a strange issue connecting to the site. When I logged in (inside of a thread, if it means anything) every lewd.sx url would resolve to a completely blank page. This is persistent across multiple browsers and devices. I was able to get past on it my Desktop Firefox by playing around with some of my block settings. I was able to connect with cookies blocked but turning them back on would bring me back to the blank page. Then I tried enabling cookies and blocking scripts and xhr, which seemed to fix whatever was causing it. I re-enabled both scripts and xhr afterwards and they don't cause any trouble now. I was able to reproduce it. Enabling cookies and then enabling scripts and xhr seems to be the fix on the client side.

Edit: It actually seems to be something VPN related that's tripping it.Only just started happening now, though.

@moeki seems to have the same issue, but she's not using any VPN, and can't get it working in any browser
  • Steph 12-07-2019, 01:43 PM
    (12-07-2019, 10:19 AM)malmon Wrote:
    (12-06-2019, 07:38 PM)All in One Wrote: I'm currently having a strange issue connecting to the site. When I logged in (inside of a thread, if it means anything) every lewd.sx url would resolve to a completely blank page. This is persistent across multiple browsers and devices. I was able to get past on it my Desktop Firefox by playing around with some of my block settings. I was able to connect with cookies blocked but turning them back on would bring me back to the blank page. Then I tried enabling cookies and blocking scripts and xhr, which seemed to fix whatever was causing it. I re-enabled both scripts and xhr afterwards and they don't cause any trouble now. I was able to reproduce it. Enabling cookies and then enabling scripts and xhr seems to be the fix on the client side.

@moeki seems to have the same issue, but she's not using any VPN, and can't get it working in any browser

Fixed!

The lewd.sx SQL sessions table was stored in mariadb  using the "memory" storage engine, meaning they are not persisted to disk. This engine has a small default maximum size, to stop mariadb from eating all the memory in the system. This limit was hit, meaning that any new sessions (logins) would fail to be created. The root cause is old sessions not being cleaned up, so hopefully @Clickbait will fix that soon, but for now I have restarted mariadb and it has cleared the table.

TL;DR: this has been fixed, please tell me if you get this again!

Create an Account or Log In to Post a Reply

You need to be a member to make a reply.

Create an Account

Join Us

Already have an account? Log in here!

28/08/2019 - Welcome to 2lewd.