Shit that I'm planning and working on with RX14 and someone else, related to Weeb:
- Writing a new forum software in the Crystal programming language. (MyBB just isn't making the cut for us anymore) - this is entirely for Lewd.sx (my other forum) and we plan on having an open beta within the next couple of months.
- A new theme for Lewd - I paid a really good graphic designer to put together some designs that we're converting from PSDs for the new forum software.
- Some intense guerrilla advertising methods that I'll be trialing after 2lewd (the new forum software) gets released.
You may be asking; what do any of these things have to do with Weeb? Well, basically, 2lewd is a massive roadblock on anything related to Lewd - and Weeb is related to Lewd in that it has the possibility that it may end up merged into Lewd - the mentality behind not doing any MyBB related work because literally everything has to be rewritten anyway, so it's far more time efficient to wait until everything can be coded in Crystal.
It's become pretty apparent though that my lack of work has made both Lewd and Weeb fairly stale in regards to activity; moreso on Weeb. So I wanna do this poll earlier than later, to help decide what we should do with this community.
If the merge takes place:
- all staff here will keep their positions on Lewd
- all groups will be transferred to Lewd's group system
- all people that were banned here will receive a second chance on Lewd
- all people that are banned on Lewd and are not banned here will receive another chance on Lewd.
- People will be without a light theme until 2lewd is finished.
- People that don't wanna get their account merged into Lewd are welcome to have their account deleted once the merge is complete.
If the merge doesn't take place:
- I'll try harder to make Weeb great again.
- You won't get merged into Lewd.
- People that are banned on either site will remain that way.
I personally think that a merge would benefit both Weeb and Lewd, providing both with a more active community and some nice newfriends; but I can understand how some might be against the idea of merging.