[RANT] Can we PLEASE keep politics to their respective subforums?

by CompaIsMyWaifu

Poll: Have you ever experienced disruptive racist/bigoted comments while using Lewd forums/chat service?
This poll is closed.
YES
82.35%
14 82.35%
NO
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CompaIsMyWaifu
But I can be yours too <3
MLP
Posts: 411
Threads: 33
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 15
09-24-2015, 05:38 PM
#19695 (1)
This is something that's been on my mind for months now, but I've been staying silent on the issue to try and avoid going full keyboard warrior in our Lewd community. I just can't do that anymore though, because this needs to be said.

I am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist propaganda in the Slack/Discord chatrooms. (and inevitably, whatever platform we move to in the near future) There's been a handful of members doing this, but I'm gonna go right ahead and single you out on this, @Saikou, because it's become painfully obvious to me that you are the primary drive behind the problem. Almost every time I see you in the chat, you are slandering liberals, blacks, immigrants or pretty much anyone that tends to lean to the political left. In all honesty, I'd rather that politics weren't in the community at all, but I do respect that we have the Serious Discussion and /pol/ group as our designated political forums. Except, here's the problem:  It still keeps leaking into the #lounge chat and subforums where it doesn't belong at all.

When I first joined Lewd.sx, I came here primarily for two reasons:

1. To share and discuss our passion for anime/manga/hentai and the like
2. To make some friends. And maybe play some video games with said new friends

For myself, this forum is an escape from the troubles of the real world. I don't have to think about work, or my personal life, or any problems at all. I can just come here for that sweet dose of 2D qt and chill out with other Lewdies in peace.

I did NOT join Lewd.sx to get sucked into bipartisan wars on political issues. Yet I repeatedly encounter this the more active I am here, and I gotta tell you, it is one hell of a buzzkill. It's getting to the point where I want to just mute all messages and posts from you Saikou, and the same goes for any others that follow your example. In my opinion, this sort of divisive content you keep pushing can only damage our community. It splits Lewd into "us" vs "them," and I can only imagine how that must look to all of our new members joining. (I seriously doubt that it makes a good first impression) If I really wanted to get into political debates, there are plenty of other places I could go to besides a hentai enthusiast forum.

You're probably wondering why I'm going public with this if it's escalating into a personal issue between myself and another forum member. The reason for that is I don't feel that keeping this between the two of us will actually get anything done. I want this addressed by our fellow members and staff, I want to know if I am alone or if anyone agrees that 1. These discussions have been leaking into forums/channels they don't belong and 2. If anyone else has found issue with another member's comments to be racist or bigoted

I really didn't want to stir up a commotion around this, but here I am writing this thread. I can't stop anyone from feeling or believing a certain way, but for fuck's sake, please know when to keep it to yourself and don't try to turn the entire community into a political board. If you must share your views on something political, go start a thread in Serious Discussion or /pol/, and NOWHERE ELSE.

/rant

[+] 8 users love CompaIsMyWaifu's post
tn5421
Sharing: For a better tomorrow
Torrents
Posts: 1,370
Threads: 36
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 10
09-24-2015, 05:45 PM
#19696 (2)
Or you could go start some threads on USMessageBoard, @Saikou

There are plenty of politically minded forums for you to post on if only you performed a simple google search, so the complaint outlined above is perfectly reasonable in my opinion.


Consider this rant undersigned by myself.

my sc2 replays&info | my osu stuff | my steam | my HB
Do you like to read or write fanfiction?  Then please check out my usergroup.
[+] 1 user loves tn5421's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,863
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
09-24-2015, 05:54 PM
#19699 (3)
I completely agree. The primary reason I removed the #serious channel from the Discord chat is that it was being used for nothing but /pol/ related things.

On the forums, /ebola/ was pretty much made to accomodate Saikou's pol/redpill threads.

lithium
Eternal Kouhai
Kohai
Posts: 49
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 1
09-24-2015, 05:54 PM
#19700 (4)
>am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist propaganda
what about anti-conservative, anti-republican, anti-racist propaganda?
tn5421
Sharing: For a better tomorrow
Torrents
Posts: 1,370
Threads: 36
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 10
09-24-2015, 05:56 PM
#19701 (5)
fuck propaganda in general

my sc2 replays&info | my osu stuff | my steam | my HB
Do you like to read or write fanfiction?  Then please check out my usergroup.
mayunaise
sandwich spread
Nyandere
Posts: 602
Threads: 48
Joined: Oct 2014
Reputation: 16
09-24-2015, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 05:58 PM by mayunaise.)
#19702 (6)
People with this view is why we used to have the #pol channel on slack, and after the eventual dissipation of both #pol and #serious, there was no place for that kind of content on the instant messaging platform, so I dont blame @Saikou and whoever else for speading it to #lounge. You do need to consider, #Lounge is for general discussion. You wont always see content you like. Like, take for instance, me and losi talking about tech all the time there, and others chasing us out. Since the general direction of the site isnt going towards technology, its a legitimate complaint to send tech discussion elsewhere, however, #lounge is supposed to be a cover all channel. Tech, /pol/ discussion or dildos, etc. are allowed there, in minute doses however. Targeting one part of what is basically the whole rainbow is a bit heretic. While I do support your cause, /pol/ discussion is indeed allowed, however given the general dislike of it, I shall consider making a channel to direct such discussions there to be delegated in bulk.

TL;DR
Please, be considerate of others, no matter how much you dislike what they're talking about in a general discussion channel.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f6d6179752e732d756c2e65752f...5a7353396a]
Feelings. Forever.

Spoiler


[+] 1 user loves mayunaise's post
CompaIsMyWaifu
But I can be yours too <3
MLP
Posts: 411
Threads: 33
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 15
09-24-2015, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 06:09 PM by CompaIsMyWaifu.)
#19704 (7)
>>19700
> >am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist
> propaganda
> what about anti-conservative, anti-republican, anti-racist propaganda?

I have never once seen this on Lewd. Nobody else seems to share politics as much as Saikou and I'm only describing what I have experienced so far. As I stated in my post, I'd rather keep politics off the board or at least contained where it belongs.

If you can find some examples of anti-conservative propoganda being spewed, by all means link me.

[+] 1 user loves CompaIsMyWaifu's post
tn5421
Sharing: For a better tomorrow
Torrents
Posts: 1,370
Threads: 36
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 10
09-24-2015, 06:02 PM
#19705 (8)
Bad example, we actually have a tech room open and available.

my sc2 replays&info | my osu stuff | my steam | my HB
Do you like to read or write fanfiction?  Then please check out my usergroup.
[+] 1 user loves tn5421's post
lithium
Eternal Kouhai
Kohai
Posts: 49
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 1
09-24-2015, 06:12 PM
#19706 (9)
>>19704
becomes propaganda once it goes against the current opinion doesn't it?
Denying mainstream ideas is propaganda, takes no activism confirming what is already dogma.

Banning right wing positions instead of politics altogether, all based on feelings? Pathetic.
[+] 1 user loves lithium's post
Mew
女の子
lainchan
Posts: 90
Threads: 2
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 1
09-24-2015, 06:30 PM
#19707 (10)
I haven't seen much politics here, but that's probably because I'm new. I do agree that it should be kept out though.
[+] 1 user loves Mew's post
CompaIsMyWaifu
But I can be yours too <3
MLP
Posts: 411
Threads: 33
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 15
09-24-2015, 06:31 PM
#19708 (11)
>>19706
> >>19704
> Banning right wing positions instead of politics altogether, all based on feelings?
> Pathetic.

First of all, I stated multiple times that I dislike the idea of politics in general on our board because of its divisiveness, but I want to keep politics on their designated boards. (because apparently there is no stopping it from popping up) Secondly, there is a big difference between expressing a political position and just outright slandering a race or political party, which is the problem I've noticed and I am addressing. I'll say it again, I have yet to see anyone in our community slander conservatives, and nobody is calling for a ban on right wing positions. I'm calling to keep politics out of #lounge because I find it disruptive from general chat.

[+] 3 users love CompaIsMyWaifu's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,863
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
09-24-2015, 06:36 PM
#19709 (12)
>>19706
From what I can tell; Compa doesn't want left or right wing politics banned; but merely kept within their subforums. I don't see the issue here.

I myself get annoyed at all the blatantly racist stuff that gets posted in the lounge channel, I'd be fine with decent discussions but when all the discussions are pretty much a racist circlejerk every so often, it gets pretty annoying.

"huehueuhue, gas the kikes"
"huehuehuehu, kill all the niggers"
"huehuehuehuehue, jews deserved to die"

how does any of the above contribute towards anything?

The sole reason I use 4chan more than 8chan is that the same mindset as I've written above is present on pretty much every 8chan board.

[+] 4 users love Melancholy's post
Em.
Verified Shitlord
Music
Posts: 216
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 4
09-24-2015, 06:48 PM
#19710 (13)
I don't really care, if someone is being bigoted I'll disagree and move on. I mind censorship more than bigotry (especially when it's just banter being perceived as real bigotry), however, politics should be contained somewhere so it doesn't seep into completely unrelated conversations. That's just my opinion though.
Kusoneko
Cute sleepy lewd nekomimi
Waifu
Posts: 120
Threads: 2
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation: 2
09-24-2015, 06:53 PM
#19713 (14)
To be honest, this is a anime/manga/hentai enthusiasts forums, with some subforums for other side-but-usually-related stuff like tech and gaming and music. If you want my opinion, politics just don't fit in with the... how would you call it... targetted audience of the forums? I've also been muting all the Discord channels for a while, only coming when mentioned, in particular because of unrelated content being posted there, as well as gotten inactive on slack before that for the very same reason. I could see me getting active again with the community if it'd actually sticked to the stuff that's actually somewhat related to the targetted audience. I don't say I couldn't like political discussions, but if I need to have such discussions, there are a ton of forums to go to meant explicitly for that, and furthermore, due to particular past events related to political stuff in my province that lead to Martial Law being put in action a few decades ago, we (my province that is) as a culture tend to keep political opinions for ourselves, and don't enjoy having other people forcing them down on us. Politics have such a power of dividing people over pointless things, it's better if you never talk about it and just listen to politicians, pick the one you agree with the most during elections, and that's it.
[+] 2 users love Kusoneko's post
Saikou
./
/x/
Posts: 898
Threads: 101
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation: 23
09-24-2015, 07:09 PM
#19714 (15)
>>19695
>  I am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist
>  propaganda in the Slack/Discord chatrooms.
> Almost every time I see you in the chat, you are slandering liberals, blacks, immigrants or pretty
>  much anyone that tends to lean to the political left.

What?

>>19709
>  I myself get annoyed at all the blatantly racist stuff that gets posted in the lounge
>  channel, I'd be fine with decent discussions but when all the discussions are pretty
>  much a racist circlejerk every so often, it gets pretty annoying.
>  
>  "huehueuhue, gas the kikes"
>  "huehuehuehu, kill all the niggers"
>  "huehuehuehuehue, jews deserved to die"

Blatant strawman.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f64...552e676966]
[+] 1 user loves Saikou's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,863
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
09-24-2015, 07:39 PM
#19719 (16)
>>19714
> Blatant strawman.

except that it's not

Saikou
./
/x/
Posts: 898
Threads: 101
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation: 23
09-24-2015, 07:41 PM
#19720 (17)
(09-24-2015, 07:39 PM)Neko Wrote: >>19714
> Blatant strawman.

except that it's not

give examples

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f64...552e676966]
[+] 1 user loves Saikou's post
Kiss of Death
Deliciously Salty
Nephilim
Posts: 541
Threads: 72
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 21
09-25-2015, 04:36 AM
#19778 (18)
The very reason I created #tech was because there was a given number of people interested in these topics, but it didn't really belong to #lounge. I mean no disrespect, but the way all those fancy names, stats and whatever else you call it, M50s, DT770s or SATAN666s, look, pretty much fries my eyeballs each time I see them. It's not a topic everyone can relate to or everyone is interested in, so occupying the #lounge channel with it isn't exactly a good idea.
The thing is, even that didn't help at first. Despite having a dedicated channel, some people continued to chat on that topic in #lounge regardless.
That's where I come with a favor for you guys. The situation with #tech can pretty much relate to most of the topics some would like to bring up, while some would rather not see. Politics and racism, among other things, belong to that category. As much as we'd like to give all of you equal opportunity and dedicated channels for all of your whims, we can't really afford to do that for obvious reasons. So, to those who got their dedicated channels created, like #tech and #pol, please appreciate the fact you've been given a place unlike many others, and keep what should be kept in those channels and not outside. Thank you for understanding.

All of what I said has been said for future reference. For the record, if you will. As things are now, the situation is rather okay at this precise moment in time, but who can tell what happens in the future.

[+] 1 user loves Kiss of Death's post
Uzinero
/pol/ack
/pol/
Posts: 325
Threads: 30
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 2
09-25-2015, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 07:42 AM by Uzinero.)
#19785 (19)
>>19778
> The very reason I created #tech was because there was a given number of people interested
>  in these topics, but it didn't really belong to #lounge. I mean no disrespect, but
>  the way all those fancy names, stats and whatever else you call it, M50s, DT770s
>  or SATAN666s, look, pretty much fries my eyeballs each time I see them. It's not
>  a topic everyone can relate to or everyone is interested in, so occupying the #lounge
>  channel with it isn't exactly a good idea.
>  The thing is, even that didn't help at first. Despite having a dedicated channel,
>  some people continued to chat on that topic in #lounge regardless.
>  That's where I come with a favor for you guys. The situation with #tech can pretty
>  much relate to most of the topics some would like to bring up, while some would
>  rather not see. Politics and racism, among other things, belong to that category.
>  As much as we'd like to give all of you equal opportunity and dedicated channels
>  for all of your whims, we can't really afford to do that for obvious reasons. So,
>  to those who got their dedicated channels created, like #tech and #pol, please appreciate
>  the fact you've been given a place unlike many others, and keep what should be kept
>  in those channels and not outside. Thank you for understanding.
>  
>  All of what I said has been said for future reference. For the record, if you will.
>  As things are now, the situation is rather okay at this precise moment in time,
>  but who can tell what happens in the future.

I've never seen a long discussion occur since we've had #pol and #tech channels in the lounge on the subjects. A few messages back and forth, sure, but it's a general chat, so it makes sense to not move to a new channel if you're discussing something for a duration of like 5 messages in lounge even if it belongs to #tech or #pol isn't it? Of course if people are having serious and/or long discussions on the matter it should absolutely be in the respective channels, but I don't see how there's an issue with short conversations of a few messages regarding #tech or #pol in the #Lounge if the topics happen to come up, which it sometimes does of course because it's a general discussion channel. Also #pol stuff was always pretty contained to #serious, nothing ever really leaked into #Lounge until the #serious channel was removed, and now that we have a #pol channel things should be back to the way they were before the removal of #serious.

CompaIsMyWaifu
But I can be yours too <3
MLP
Posts: 411
Threads: 33
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 15
09-25-2015, 08:11 AM
#19790 (20)
>>19714
> >>19695
>  >  I am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist
>  >  propaganda in the Slack/Discord chatrooms.
>  > Almost every time I see you in the chat, you are slandering liberals, blacks,
>  immigrants or pretty
>  >  much anyone that tends to lean to the political left.
>  
>  What?

Wow. So this whole thing matters so little to you that you won't even give anything more than 1-2 word responses. (one of which you have already removed) I expected better from you Saikou, especially since you love to spark political debate so much. I was anticipating an actual defense, but you don't seem to care about putting any real thought into serious discussion right now. (Rather ironic in my opinion, seeing as we are in the Serious Discussion board)

On both Slack and Discord, there have been far too many occasions for me to count where I've seen you openly attacking either a race, religion, or political party/view, and seeming quite proud of it. I really don't feel like digging through the entire chat history for every offense I can find, but I will show everyone exactly "what" was the final push that broke my silence:

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f70...542e6a7067]

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f65...392e6a7067]

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f35...582e6a7067]

My interpretation of this was that you seem to think southern states (including your own state of Texas) should have been able to keep the right to enslave black people, possibly even up to this day. And on top of that, the civil rights movement to stop racial segregation and discrimination was a mistake. Then you finished up by labeling black people as "human trash." If I am reading into your statements incorrectly, please enlighten me.

>>19700
> >am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist
>  propaganda
>  what about anti-conservative, anti-republican, anti-racist propaganda?

I only noticed just now, but do you have any idea how incredibly fucked up you sound right now? You just asked me if I'm sick of people being anti-racist. It's the year 2015, not 1950. The majority now favors putting a stop to racism. Get with the times, lithium.

CompaIsMyWaifu
But I can be yours too <3
MLP
Posts: 411
Threads: 33
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 15
09-25-2015, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 08:41 AM by CompaIsMyWaifu.)
#19796 (21)
[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f41...592e706e67]

Seriously @Uzinero, why the FUCK would you think it's okay to put that on your profile? This is exactly the kind of racist bullshit I am trying to address with the thread and poll. I'm fucking shocked that you haven't been banned from here yet with that on top of everything else you and Saikou post about together. Others have been banned just for the comments they made OUTSIDE of the community in private skype conversations, and yet somehow all this racism just slides right through in the public eye of our own forum and chat rooms. Did you guys ever think that this kind of behavior would drive away members, especially new members who could get scared away by seeing this?

Em.
Verified Shitlord
Music
Posts: 216
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 4
09-25-2015, 08:54 AM
#19797 (22)
>>19796
> http://i.imgur.com/APYV7qY.png

Hahaha, oh jeez Uzinero. However, I really don't think that will drive away new members (no matter which race they belong to) though, seeing as most memebers seem to stem from chans. Though this is something for admins to decide really, I just have a very "hands-off" philosophy when it comes to moderation.
Uzinero
/pol/ack
/pol/
Posts: 325
Threads: 30
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 2
09-25-2015, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 09:25 AM by Uzinero.)
#19802 (23)
>>19790
> >>19714
> > >>19695
> > > I am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist
> > > propaganda in the Slack/Discord chatrooms.
> > > Almost every time I see you in the chat, you are slandering liberals, blacks,
> > immigrants or pretty
> > > much anyone that tends to lean to the political left.
> >
> > What?
>
> Wow. So this whole thing matters so little to you that you won't even give anything
> more than 1-2 word responses. (one of which you have already removed) I expected
> better from you Saikou, especially since you love to spark political debate so much.
> I was anticipating an actual defense, but you don't seem to care about putting any
> real thought into serious discussion right now. (Rather ironic in my opinion, seeing
> as we are in the Serious Discussion board)
>
> On both Slack and Discord, there have been far too many occasions for me to count
> where I've seen you openly attacking either a race, religion, or political party/view,
> and seeming quite proud of it. I really don't feel like digging through the entire
> chat history for every offense I can find, but I will show everyone exactly "what"
> was the final push that broke my silence:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/pQgANyT.jpg
>
> http://i.imgur.com/efN8Pr9.jpg
>
> http://i.imgur.com/5Z6994X.jpg
>
> My interpretation of this was that you seem to think southern states (including
> your own state of Texas) should have been able to keep the right to enslave black
> people, possibly even up to this day. And on top of that, the civil rights movement
> to stop racial segregation and discrimination was a mistake. Then you finished up
> by labeling black people as "human trash." If I am reading into your statements
> incorrectly, please enlighten me.
>
> >>19700
> > >am fucking sick of seeing all this anti-liberal, anti-Democrat, white supremacist
> > propaganda
> > what about anti-conservative, anti-republican, anti-racist propaganda?
>
> I only noticed just now, but do you have any idea how incredibly fucked up you sound
> right now? You just asked me if I'm sick of people being anti-racist. It's the year
> 2015, not 1950. The majority now favors putting a stop to racism. Get with the times,
> lithium.

Gratz, you just posted an example of exactly what I talked about in my post, when #serious and #pol weren't channels there was no other place for the discussion so of course it took place in Lounge, now we have #pol I haven't seen a discussion along those lines there since.


>>19796
> http://i.imgur.com/APYV7qY.png
>
> Seriously @Uzinero, why the FUCK would you think it's okay to put that on your profile?
> This is exactly the kind of racist bullshit I am trying to address with the thread
> and poll. I'm fucking shocked that you haven't been banned from here yet with that
> on top of everything else you and Saikou post about together. Others have been banned
> just for the comments they made OUTSIDE of the community in private skype conversations,
> and yet somehow all this racism just slides right through in the public eye of our
> own forum and chat rooms. Did you guys ever think that this kind of behavior would
> drive away members, especially new members who could get scared away by seeing this?

lol

edit: fuck it, was just gonna leave it like that but felt I should elaborate.
What I have written is not against the rules. Very few rules have even been defined on Lewd. I'm not an ambassador for the community or someone who needs to set an example, I am an average member of the community.
I have not broken any rules to my knowledge. I wouldn't willingly break a rule on this forum as it is one of the few I enjoy, and if any admin told me that I wasn't allowed to do this or write things like this in my usertitle then I wouldn't, as no such thing has been said, and as no such rule has been made, I have no reason not to do my own thing.
To insist that members of the forum would leave purely because of the content of a random members usertitle is borderline ludicrous.
I am not breaking a rule, if you choose to get offended at what I post, that is your own choice to get offended and your own problem, when I'm breaking a rule feel free to yell at how you're shocked I'm not banned, in the meantime I could not care less for your silly opinions.

tn5421
Sharing: For a better tomorrow
Torrents
Posts: 1,370
Threads: 36
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 10
09-25-2015, 11:47 AM
#19827 (24)
The underlying issue is the fact that there are basically 0 rules in place around the forum, except for some subforums such as this one, where there are literally only one or two about not making low-quality posts.

my sc2 replays&info | my osu stuff | my steam | my HB
Do you like to read or write fanfiction?  Then please check out my usergroup.
[+] 1 user loves tn5421's post
Uzinero
/pol/ack
/pol/
Posts: 325
Threads: 30
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 2
09-25-2015, 12:44 PM
#19836 (25)
>>19827
> The underlying issue is the fact that there are basically 0 rules in place around
> the forum, except for some subforums such as this one, where there are literally
> only one or two about not making low-quality posts.

I agree on that, we do need too have some kind of clear defined rules, as long as we don't we're always going to have issues in the community over what can/can't be done and said.

[+] 1 user loves Uzinero's post