Okay, so. Today I've started college. From the looks of it, I'll have some 1-2 hour long breaks occassionally, so I've been thinking what to do with that time. An idea popped immediately - read manga.
The thing is, I'm more of an anime person. If I were to post my anime:manga ratio... It would be something around 0.01. Therefore I need some recommendations. What manga is good, why is it good and how long is it? The more titles you give, the better!
Some general point-outs.
- yaoi/shounen-ai is a no-go
- I'm looking for legitimate manga, not doujins
- I've been quite interested in the manga loosely mentioning sexual relationships recently
- any genre other than shoujo (and bullet point 1) will do
- I'm looking mainly for the finished manga (so not ongoing ones unless they're super good, duh)
- I'm looking mainly for the titles that have not been made into/based on anime (unless they cover a lot more material/different story and are worth repeating the experience from the anime)
- I'd love it if you could throw in a short synopsis or the number of chapters it has.
The titles I read thus far. (titles similar to those would be fantastic too)
- Shaman King
- Toukyou Kushu
- Toshiue no Hito
- Velvet Kiss
- Minamoto-kun Monogatari
- Onanie Master Kurosawa
Thanks in advance!