Nana's demotion - voting

by Kiss of Death

Poll: Should Nanashi be demoted from staff?
This poll is closed.
Yes.
41.18%
14 41.18%
No.
58.82%
20 58.82%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiss of Death
Deliciously Salty
Nephilim
Posts: 541
Threads: 72
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 21
11-12-2015, 04:48 PM
#27784 (1)
Hello. As you might have probably noticed by now, I'm not really cut out to be a moderator. I enforce unreasonable rules, argue out in the open, get easily provoked for meaningless discussions, that sort of thing. Because of that, each time I reach a decision regarding something, I face a constant feeling of guilt and concern - "Did I really do the right thing? Wasn't it too harsh? Or maybe I'm being unreasonable?".
Yet, over the course of last month, many people confronted me about my decision regarding demotion, and so I couldn't really make that step and get it over with. Thus, this thread was created. As a community, I feel the people should have their voice heard, and hence, I'm giving you free reign over me. What that means, is that I'll let you vote - it's up to you to decide whether or not I should be demoted, or rather kept as a moderator. I will need HONEST opinions - I have no need for sympathy, pity or sugarcoating. Hit me with whatever you've got. You don't have to worry about what you say about me - no matter what your view on me is, it won't change anything in our relationship.

This voting will last for 7 days or until 10 votes are reached in favor of one option, whichever comes first. If 7 days pass without 10 votes pro or contra, the final verdict will, regardless of the voting state, be automatically set to 'demote'.

As per any voting, here are some rules.
  • each vote has to be accompanied by a post explaining your decision. Doesn't have to be long, just has to be there and answer the question 'why?'. Two sentences or more.
  • staff votes are automatically excluded. Mainly because I already know how they feel about me.
  • to participate in the voting, your account has to be one month or older.
  • one vote per person, no second chances.
Let the voting begin.

Uzinero
/pol/ack
/pol/
Posts: 325
Threads: 30
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 2
11-12-2015, 05:01 PM
#27793 (2)
I voted yes. I just personally feel like you can be too emotional with some of your decisions as a staff member and that it sometimes leads too people being punished for small things that I don't usually see them punished for by other staff members. Usually it's just small punishments like muting them for a while so it's not really too bad, but I still think that most of the punishments I've seen you hand out have been really emotional decisions and generally quite undeserved or "I don't like this thing so mute" which I really don't like, hence why I felt it was best to vote yes.

[+] 1 user loves Uzinero's post
Vosaiu
私を忘れて
Yandere
Posts: 393
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 7
11-12-2015, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 05:09 PM by Vosaiu.)
#27797 (3)
I've seen you argue with people for pretty silly reasons and it doesn't take much to set you off in the chat. That really doesn't have anything to do with your moderating, though - I've only seen you move threads, so I don't know if you've done anything based on your emotions.

I will say that I don't think that there should be people on the staff that aren't confident in what they're doing.

Edit: I should probably mention that I voted yes.
Kieru
full-time autistic hypocrite
lainchan
Posts: 219
Threads: 9
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 4
11-12-2015, 05:11 PM
#27798 (4)
I voted yes, you've got a quick temper, and i don't think you'll enjoy it that much longer.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e706f6d662e706c2f70776c6f66742e706e67]
taymor
Bored of life.
Writers
Posts: 106
Threads: 7
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 5
11-12-2015, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 05:18 PM by taymor.)
#27801 (5)
I'm voting no, I don't think you're unfounded in your arguments, and I think the rules you make are both reasonable and helpful overall.

Regardless of your decision, I hope you will stay, I enjoy talking to you and consider you a friend.

not so secretly wants to marry Rii
[Image: 687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f6c7a4f5a562f...612e706e67]
Jebbika
Dreamer
Music
Posts: 280
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 22
11-12-2015, 05:25 PM
#27804 (6)
I voted no, you shouldn't demote yourself.

While yes, you do bicker sometimes (which is completely understandable and human) that doesn't mean that the other party is always right. Honestly both parties are in the wrong as when you begin to argue you've already lost control.
If you understand what I mean.

I really like you being (it's mod right? oh whatever) Nana because ever since I joined, (and while I did believe you were a girl for 4 months ._.) you've always been that cool guy I look up to. 
I'm not good with these things so sorry if my answer wasn't good enough.
I think your rules are fine?
I don't like arguments so I try not to get into them, so sorry if I'm a little dense right now.

<3

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e706e67]

Spoiler

ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Maybe one day I'll become a composer! ヾ(・¬・*)ノ
Who knows.
Saikou
./
/x/
Posts: 898
Threads: 101
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation: 23
11-12-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 05:26 PM by Saikou.)
#27806 (7)
You seem to have a personal vendetta against some members. You have failed to move a conversation to the appropriate channel, and you have continued to drag an argument on rather than ending it. Your judgement is clouded by your opinion, therefore administering punishment where it is not due.
I have to vote yes, sorry.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f64...552e676966]
[+] 2 users love Saikou's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,872
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
11-12-2015, 05:35 PM
#27812 (8)
imo votes belonging to people that have been punished by you should not count. ie. people like Uzi, who (pretty obviously) goes out of his way to piss yourself (and others) off.

[+] 5 users love Melancholy's post
Vosaiu
私を忘れて
Yandere
Posts: 393
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 7
11-12-2015, 05:39 PM
#27814 (9)
(11-12-2015, 05:35 PM)Senpai Wrote: imo votes belonging to people that have been punished by you should not count. ie. people like Uzi, who (pretty obviously) goes out of his way to piss yourself (and others) off.

I think everyone should be represented equally, no matter the circumstances.
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,872
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
11-12-2015, 05:41 PM
#27815 (10)
>>27814
> I think everyone should be represented equally, no matter the circumstances.

Staff cannot vote. Why should trolls be able to vote?

[+] 1 user loves Melancholy's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,872
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
11-12-2015, 05:42 PM
#27816 (11)
To clarify. Yes, everyone should have a fair say, but should a vote count when it's clearly biased?

Vosaiu
私を忘れて
Yandere
Posts: 393
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 7
11-12-2015, 05:44 PM
#27817 (12)
(11-12-2015, 05:41 PM)Senpai Wrote: >>27814
>  I think everyone should be represented equally, no matter the circumstances.

Staff cannot vote. Why should trolls be able to vote?

Uzinero has made a good number of quality posts, so I wouldn't really consider them to be a troll. The staff can't vote because that's what was designated in the original post.
[+] 1 user loves Vosaiu's post
Kieru
full-time autistic hypocrite
lainchan
Posts: 219
Threads: 9
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 4
11-12-2015, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 05:49 PM by Kieru.)
#27821 (13)
>>27816
> To clarify. Yes, everyone should have a fair say, but should a vote count when it's
>  clearly biased?

There's not a human on this earth that doesn't have some sort of bias. It's our flaw.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e706f6d662e706c2f70776c6f66742e706e67]
[+] 2 users love Kieru's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,872
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
11-12-2015, 05:53 PM
#27823 (14)
>>27817
His judgement stems from the experiences that he himself brought on in the Discord chat.

>>27821
That's true. But like I said, what makes my vote less valuable than someone that went out of their way to provoke Nana's vote?

mayunaise
sandwich spread
Nyandere
Posts: 602
Threads: 48
Joined: Oct 2014
Reputation: 16
11-12-2015, 05:55 PM
#27824 (15)
(11-12-2015, 05:35 PM)Senpai Wrote: imo votes belonging to people that have been punished by you should not count. ie. people like Uzi, who (pretty obviously) goes out of his way to piss yourself (and others) off.

Everyone has an opinion that matters.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f6d6179752e732d756c2e65752f...5a7353396a]
Feelings. Forever.

Spoiler


[+] 1 user loves mayunaise's post
CompaIsMyWaifu
But I can be yours too <3
MLP
Posts: 411
Threads: 33
Joined: May 2015
Reputation: 15
11-12-2015, 05:57 PM
#27825 (16)
I am of the opinion that this decision should be decided entirely by our staff, and not by popular vote of the general forum. The whole purpose of admins/mods is that they get the final say in important decisions, everyone else is there to provide their own suggestions and opinions to shape the community. That being said, I haven't witnessed these emotional arguments everyone is discussing here so I do not know the context or depth they hold. (I'm assuming this occurred in Discord, which I don't use anymore) I have only seen your positive side Nanashi, both as a fellow member to us and as part of the staff. So I don't feel that you deserve a demotion. However I do believe that if moderating is causing you too much stress to handle, then it might be a good idea to step down for your own personal health. I've never accepted moderator status for any community for this very reason, as I value the freedom of choice that comes with being a user over the responsibility and work that comes with moderating. I'd much rather just come and go as I please than be required to babysit everyone and enforce rules on a regular basis.

[+] 6 users love CompaIsMyWaifu's post
idek
cereal killer
lainchan
Posts: 206
Threads: 23
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 5
11-12-2015, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 06:02 PM by idek. Edit Reason: you*******)
#27826 (17)
I voted no because I never really had a problem w/ you or anyone on this forum yet

>Because of that, each time I reach a decision regarding something, I face a constant feeling of guilt and concern - "Did I really do the right thing? Wasn't it too harsh? Or maybe I'm being unreasonable?".

Perhaps consulting with other mods before you delete/reply/do something that you're not too sure about might help?


MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
too cheesy?
[+] 2 users love idek's post
Kieru
full-time autistic hypocrite
lainchan
Posts: 219
Threads: 9
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 4
11-12-2015, 06:09 PM
#27830 (18)
>>27824
>
> Everyone has an opinion that matters.

Agreed. If it's a public vote, everyone deserves a chance without discrimination.0

>>27825

The people governed matter just as much the governors in my opinion. It's a balance.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e706f6d662e706c2f70776c6f66742e706e67]
Uzinero
/pol/ack
/pol/
Posts: 325
Threads: 30
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 2
11-12-2015, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 06:43 PM by Uzinero.)
#27831 (19)
>>27812
> imo votes belonging to people that have been punished by you should not count. ie.
> people like Uzi, who (pretty obviously) goes out of his way to piss yourself (and
> others) off.

I really don't understand this calling at all. I don't go "out of my way" to piss off Nana. I was posting memes in the lounge and Nana started getting pissed off. I post a video, "Calm down it was a joke." and Nana starts an arguement about jokes. I've never gone out of my way to piss Nana off.


EDIT:
I'd also like to add that it's a completely ridiculous rule. Everyone in the community should be able to post their own opinion and have it matter regardless of who they are, and exactly how do you differentiate between those punished by Nana and those who aren't. Me and Nana had an arguement, does that make my vote not count? Or was it that Nana muted me for like 30 seconds? Because if it's the former, well, that isn't even a punishment, it's just a plain old arguement, if it's the latter, does @Saikou's vote count since when Nana muted me for around 30 seconds they muted Saikou too?
[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f69...4d2e706e67]

I just think it's really ridiculous and a very inconsistent way to decide who gets to vote when you can pick and choose the voters. At that point it's not even a vote any more, it's just "let's see who I can stop from voting so I get the result I want" which is absolutely insane.

[+] 3 users love Uzinero's post
Em.
Verified Shitlord
Music
Posts: 216
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 4
11-12-2015, 06:15 PM
#27832 (20)
I think that if you can't keep your emotions in check, lack the patience to deal with people, openly speak about how you dislike certain people in the community and make rules based upon personal pet-peeves rather than what's better for the morale of the community I don't think being a moderator suits you. However; I don't dislike you, I want you stay around, but in my honest opinion I don't think you're fit as a moderator.
[+] 3 users love Em.'s post
Customer
scalloped potatoes
Nephilim
Posts: 472
Threads: 11
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 4
11-12-2015, 07:17 PM
#27840 (21)
To be quite honest, I think you're a kind person but the time you muted me for 5 minutes just for sending 2 messages in all caps was just ridiculous. I think you're a little rude towards people who are just having a (sometimes stupid) conversation in the chat. I don't think you should enforce silly rules and talk to people in such a manner. But let me reinstate my first statement - you are a kind person, and I have seen you be kind to not only me but to others either. So now we're to the point where does the bad outweigh the good. My answer is no, I think you should stay moderator but maybe be a little less strict.

I think you should stay mod, but like @Saikou said maybe the vendetta against some people needs to end.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f35...392e706e67]
mis
meme halation
Waifu
Posts: 1,800
Threads: 190
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 27
11-12-2015, 07:30 PM
#27845 (22)
I know staff votes are probably null, but I'd like to state that I'd still vote no, and for you to stay on staff. Relationships aside from Discord, you haven't done anything wrong in terms of moderating the forum itself.

If you do stay for one reason or another, this thread makes a good opportunity to take constructive criticism and help all staff resolve problems better.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6a...742e706e67]
[+] 2 users love mis's post
Katherine
Pure Filth
Kohai
Posts: 131
Threads: 9
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 5
11-12-2015, 08:03 PM
#27857 (23)
While the forum itself is pretty calm this Discord can be out and out terrible sometimes because people wont stop spamming absolute crap in the lounge and a few times literally nobody has stepped in to do anything. 

I somewhat feel like while some decisions are possibly a little emotionally charged, the staff as a whole could possibly be a little too lax making you look overly harsh by comparison. I don't think a demotion is needed at all as none of the decisions have really affected anyone on a grander scale than a 5 minute mute when the conversation at hand was of a pretty low quality/importance to begin with. It's not like powers are being abused constantly or people are being taken advantage of. Simple mistakes at best in my opinion.

Obviously it's not always apparent when people are muted or the mods/admin makes a decision and takes an action but I feel like more needs to be done on some occasions.

Feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
Also if you just want to talk I'm always available. 
________________________
Cloudy
Cancer
Nephilim
Posts: 774
Threads: 21
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 10
11-12-2015, 08:27 PM
#27867 (24)
I mean I don't know what happened so no?
Idk..
I don't really fw discord anymore. All I see is useless arguing left and right between @Senpai and others. (sometimes)
Then mods start muting people left and right..
I suggest to be a better mod. That's all. nana <3

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f43...372e706e67]
seel
flat is justice
Pumpkin
Posts: 1,245
Threads: 41
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 13
11-12-2015, 09:42 PM
#27890 (25)
I haven't been here a month so I won't be voting, but I will speak my mind if you're willing to hear it. For a tl;dr version, scroll down.

From what I can gather a situation or two, or maybe a few have happened that have led you to this point. It's understandable to question yourself if you feel like you're doing the wrong thing, and hell maybe you are doing the wrong thing. We all make mistakes, and realizing we made a mistake is the first step to understanding, and resolving it. Hindsight is 20/20 is the saying, and that holds true. You look back at all the things that could have been done differently, but if its a situation in the moment then there is likely still time to rectify it. You can make a change and be less emotional when going into situations. You can make a change to not let your bias affect your decisions. Is it easier for some? Yes. Making changes is never easy, especially when they are ingrained in us. Don't let a couple scrapes on the knee keep you down, dust yourself off, and get back up. Don't falter at the first sign of things not going right, but strengthen yourself so you don't falter, but feel encouraged that you're doing the right thing (but, don't become delusional).

By the sounds of the posts above the altercations occurred on Discord, which I believe to be an extension of the community. However, I'm sure you were likely appointed the position, and power of moderator for your abilities with the forum, not Discord. Though your powers and position translated over to Discord, your main task isn't moderating Discord, or atleast, in my opinion, shouldn't be. You're a forum moderator, and your real job is keeping the forums nice and tidy. From what I can tell you're doing that fine, I don't know numbers or the stats of reports you've taken care of compared to other staff members. If you feel unsure about moderating Discord then have your permissions revoked there, and enjoy (or don't) the Discord chat as a regular user. Yet continue to be a moderator here on the forums where it truly matters. I don't see a point in demoting yourself simply because of a few altercations on Discord when you're a perfectly good moderator here on the forums.

My personal opinion would be that you should work on correcting your mistakes to become better at the role you play in the community. Don't take Discord too seriously, its probably more aimed at laid back chat, and if someone is being annoying just ignore them. If someone is being disruptive (i.e spamming chat with the same thing repeatedly to the point others can't talk) take action. Keep your head on straight, and you'll be fine.

tl;dr - Fuck bitches, get money. Fix your mistakes, become a better moderator.

tl;dr the tl;dr - I'd vote no.

[+] 1 user loves seel's post