Is it bad to ask someone-

by Jebbika

Jebbika
Dreamer
Music
Posts: 280
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 22
08-22-2015, 04:06 PM
#15861 (1)
So, I'm a socially awkward person. I say things, and I mean well. But, often the things I say are apparently rude, and I just don't understand.

So I asked my friend recently, because the past month or so she'd been in a really nice, good mood. I said to her,
"Has something good happened recently? You're in a better mood than usual..." In a quiet voice. It seems that whenever I try to compliment someone I go quiet.

But for some reason, my guy friends around me looked shocked, and said it was really bad to ask someone that.
My friend, (the girl) seemed to be forgiving though and said,
"It's alright, I know you didn't mean it that way."

What way?! I don't understand?!

So, what's the most awkward question you've asked someone?
I don't really understand my situation from back then, but I'm sure some of you have funny stories to tell! :D
Oh also, sorry if this is a trash post!

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e706e67]

Spoiler

ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Maybe one day I'll become a composer! ヾ(・¬・*)ノ
Who knows.
nerd
the nigga ya love to hate
Banned
Posts: 746
Threads: 40
Joined: Jul 2015
08-22-2015, 04:07 PM
#15862 (2)
Your question insinuates that the person is generally in a bad mood.
[+] 1 user loves nerd's post
Jebbika
Dreamer
Music
Posts: 280
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 22
08-22-2015, 04:16 PM
#15863 (3)
(08-22-2015, 04:07 PM)desu Wrote: Your question insinuates that the person is generally in a bad mood.

o: I didn't mean it like that!
I meant like, happier than happy!
Y'know? c:
But thanks for answering my question. ^-^

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e706e67]

Spoiler

ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Maybe one day I'll become a composer! ヾ(・¬・*)ノ
Who knows.
Yuu
ℳℴℯ❤ ( ´・‿-) ~ ♥
lainchan
Posts: 370
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2014
Reputation: 9
08-22-2015, 04:30 PM
#15864 (4)
I've asked tons of ankward questions, but mostly it was when I was a kid and younger. I'll mention some.

Question to a fat person: Do you eat a lot of food? (I thought the reason people were overweight was because they loved food. And ate too much. But I guess it's not that simple, hehe).

Question to an old person: Do you wear dentures? (I thought all old people wear dentures)

Question to a colored person: Do you come from Africa?

Question to a colored person: Do you like Bananas? (I for some reason thought everyone who was brown, came from africa and ate bananas. And also lived like monkeys in trees. Because I had watched a lot of Tarzan)

I pretty much believed all stereotypes when I was young, that all people are like they're portrayed to be in TV and other media. It was kind of silly.
[+] 1 user loves Yuu's post
Senka
Loli lover
Kitsune
Posts: 132
Threads: 3
Joined: Dec 2014
Reputation: 6
08-22-2015, 04:56 PM
#15866 (5)
I accidently made a Hitler joke in front of my jewish friend, he didn't take it well.

Tired rn, if I think of anything else i'll edit the post.

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f6c6577642e6865726f6b7561...366536372f]
nerd
the nigga ya love to hate
Banned
Posts: 746
Threads: 40
Joined: Jul 2015
08-22-2015, 05:19 PM
#15867 (6)
(08-22-2015, 04:56 PM)Senka Wrote: I accidently made a Hitler joke in front of my jewish friend, he didn't take it well.

Tired rn, if I think of anything else i'll edit the post.

I was doped up once because I had to have a colonoscopy. My doctor is Jewish. 
When I came out I was, my mother says, asking how much the "holla cost."
[+] 1 user loves nerd's post
Jebbika
Dreamer
Music
Posts: 280
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 22
08-22-2015, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 05:22 PM by Jebbika.)
#15868 (7)
>>15864
> Question to a fat person: Do you eat a lot of food? (I thought the reason people
> were overweight was because they loved food. And ate too much. But I guess it's
> not that simple, hehe).
> Question to an old person: Do you wear dentures? (I thought all old people wear dentures)
> Question to a colored person: Do you come from Africa?
> Question to a colored person: Do you like Bananas? (I for some reason thought everyone
> who was brown, came from africa and ate bananas. And also lived like monkeys in
> trees. Because I had watched a lot of Tarzan)

That was painful to read c:
I feel bad for child Yuu, who eventually found out that real life isn't like Tarzan. ;^;

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e706e67]

Spoiler

ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Maybe one day I'll become a composer! ヾ(・¬・*)ノ
Who knows.
Kiss of Death
Deliciously Salty
Nephilim
Posts: 541
Threads: 72
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 21
08-22-2015, 05:22 PM
#15869 (8)
While I'm not really a mean person, I tend to say things I'm well aware are bad to say to people that get on my bad side. I don't get to do that often, but when I do... well, the 'problems' are gone. From the most memorable... and yeah, they sure can be cruel. So rather avoid asking those. ^^;

To a suicidal person who happened to trigger me (and I assure you, there's only one possible way to trigger me, so you'd have to try hard): "When are you planning to die? If it's this month I won't be on your funeral as I'm rather busy."

To a friend on her period who took venting a bit too far: "You sure you're not leaking too much?"

I'll update if I remember some of the ones I didn't mean to say that sounded awkwardly. And I'm pretty sure there were quite a bit...

Jebbika
Dreamer
Music
Posts: 280
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 22
08-22-2015, 05:27 PM
#15870 (9)
>>15869
> To a suicidal person who happened to trigger me (and I assure you, there's only one
> possible way to trigger me, so you'd have to try hard): "When are you planning to
> die? If it's this month I won't be on your funeral as I'm rather busy."

That was just...
Brutal.

You really are the salty one. c':

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e706e67]

Spoiler

ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Maybe one day I'll become a composer! ヾ(・¬・*)ノ
Who knows.
nerd
the nigga ya love to hate
Banned
Posts: 746
Threads: 40
Joined: Jul 2015
08-22-2015, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 05:49 PM by nerd.)
#15872 (10)
(08-22-2015, 05:22 PM)Nanashi Wrote: While I'm not really a mean person, I tend to say things I'm well aware are bad to say to people that get on my bad side. I don't get to do that often, but when I do... well, the 'problems' are gone. From the most memorable... and yeah, they sure can be cruel. So rather avoid asking those. ^^;

To a suicidal person who happened to trigger me (and I assure you, there's only one possible way to trigger me, so you'd have to try hard): "When are you planning to die? If it's this month I won't be on your funeral as I'm rather busy."

To a friend on her period who took venting a bit too far: "You sure you're not leaking too much?"

I'll update if I remember some of the ones I didn't mean to say that sounded awkwardly. And I'm pretty sure there were quite a bit...

so you were

[Image: 687474703a2f2f612e6e69676765722e6361742f...612e6a7067]

yeah?
[+] 1 user loves nerd's post
Kiss of Death
Deliciously Salty
Nephilim
Posts: 541
Threads: 72
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 21
08-22-2015, 05:55 PM
#15873 (11)
@Desu
More like
[Image: 687474703a2f2f69302e6b796d2d63646e2e636f...642e6a7067]
but close enough. But yeah, in my case, I'm rather tolerant. There does exist one thing I simply can't bear, however. And that's it. So yeah. Watashi no trigger-desu!

[+] 1 user loves Kiss of Death's post
Exiled
Kaneki to Exiled
JP
Posts: 211
Threads: 18
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 9
08-22-2015, 06:28 PM
#15879 (12)
Wtf? Usually around here that's an invitation to let someone blabber on about how something amazing happened to them. Usually people around here don't ask if something good happened to someone but it's definitely not bad to ask that. And the most awkward question I have ever asked.... well... I'm not quite sure. I tend to forget things that have embarrassed me so I don't bring it back into mind again.
[+] 1 user loves Exiled's post
Jebbika
Dreamer
Music
Posts: 280
Threads: 11
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 22
08-22-2015, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2015, 07:03 PM by Jebbika.)
#15885 (13)
>>15879
> Wtf? Usually around here that's an invitation to let someone blabber on about how
> something amazing happened to them. Usually people around here don't ask if something
> good happened to someone but it's definitely not bad to ask that.

@Kaneki Ah! Yeah! I thought that too but in the end I found out that saying it the way I did implys that they're usually in a bad mood... ;-;

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e706e67]

Spoiler

ヽ( ´¬`)ノ Maybe one day I'll become a composer! ヾ(・¬・*)ノ
Who knows.
Exiled
Kaneki to Exiled
JP
Posts: 211
Threads: 18
Joined: Aug 2015
Reputation: 9
08-22-2015, 07:33 PM
#15888 (14)
(08-22-2015, 07:03 PM)Jebbika Wrote: >>15879
> Wtf? Usually around here that's an invitation to let someone blabber on about how
> something amazing happened to them. Usually people around here don't ask if something
> good happened to someone but it's definitely not bad to ask that.

@Kaneki Ah! Yeah! I thought that too but in the end I found out that saying it the way I did implys that they're usually in a bad mood... ;-;

Oh well that makes a lot of sense but social awkwardness can do that to you.. But if you do say it in a tense sounding voice it implies something different. The attitude in your voice can change the meaning of anything you say. For example if I say: "hey man" in a slightly high pitch it implies that youre happy to see them. But if I say it in a low pitch voice it would sound like I'm not happy to see them or I'm angry
[+] 1 user loves Exiled's post
Lokorfi
Waifu
Posts: 2,654
Threads: 30
Joined: Feb 2015
Reputation: 32
08-22-2015, 08:37 PM
#15898 (15)
I suppose the most awkward question I ever asked was "I like you, do you like me back?"
Elementary school.

[+] 1 user loves Lokorfi's post
Lancelot
Ceaselessly Dead
Kohai
Posts: 327
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 6
08-22-2015, 09:16 PM
#15906 (16)
(08-22-2015, 04:06 PM)Jebbika Wrote: So, I'm a socially awkward person. I say things, and I mean well. But, often the things I say are apparently rude, and I just don't understand.

So I asked my friend recently, because the past month or so she'd been in a really nice, good mood. I said to her,
"Has something good happened recently? You're in a better mood than usual..." In a quiet voice. It seems that whenever I try to compliment someone I go quiet.

But for some reason, my guy friends around me looked shocked, and said it was really bad to ask someone that.
My friend, (the girl) seemed to be forgiving though and said,
"It's alright, I know you didn't mean it that way."

What way?! I don't understand?!

So, what's the most awkward question you've asked someone?
I don't really understand my situation from back then, but I'm sure some of you have funny stories to tell! :D
Oh also, sorry if this is a trash post!

LOL, I know your feelings man, I don't even know what's wrong with it, until I looked at desu post, my friends even tell me that I should be careful with my words and i'm like wot?

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f43...722e706e67]
[+] 1 user loves Lancelot's post
Lancelot
Ceaselessly Dead
Kohai
Posts: 327
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 6
08-22-2015, 09:18 PM
#15907 (17)
(08-22-2015, 04:56 PM)Senka Wrote: I accidently made a Hitler joke in front of my jewish friend, he didn't take it well.

Tired rn, if I think of anything else i'll edit the post.

Rofl, yeah, many people told Hitler joke in front of me and then they remember i'm Jewish, they usually apologize or goes very quiet

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f43...722e706e67]
suicid3Panda
best bulli
Banned
Posts: 789
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2015
08-22-2015, 10:45 PM
#15912 (18)
@Desu  >>I had to have a colonoscopy.

LMAO you're an amazing character :)
Lancelot
Ceaselessly Dead
Kohai
Posts: 327
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 6
08-22-2015, 11:03 PM
#15913 (19)
>>15869
> While I'm not really a mean person, I tend to say things I'm well aware are bad to
>  say to people that get on my bad side. I don't get to do that often, but when I
>  do... well, the 'problems' are gone. From the most memorable... and yeah, they sure
>  can be cruel. So rather avoid asking those. ^^;
> To a suicidal person who happened to trigger me (and I assure you, there's only one
>  possible way to trigger me, so you'd have to try hard): "When are you planning to
>  die? If it's this month I won't be on your funeral as I'm rather busy."
> To a friend on her period who took venting a bit too far: "You sure you're not leaking
>  too much?"
> I'll update if I remember some of the ones I didn't mean to say that sounded awkwardly.
>  And I'm pretty sure there were quite a bit...

You're risk at society man, don't go outside, you should be illegalized to go outside xD

[Image: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f43...722e706e67]
nerd
the nigga ya love to hate
Banned
Posts: 746
Threads: 40
Joined: Jul 2015
08-22-2015, 11:04 PM
#15914 (20)
(08-22-2015, 10:45 PM)suicid3Panda Wrote: @Desu  >>I had to have a colonoscopy.

LMAO you're an amazing character :)

hey man don't judge me
suicid3Panda
best bulli
Banned
Posts: 789
Threads: 52
Joined: Jun 2015
08-22-2015, 11:25 PM
#15915 (21)
(08-22-2015, 11:04 PM)desu Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 10:45 PM)suicid3Panda Wrote: @Desu  >>I had to have a colonoscopy.

LMAO you're an amazing character :)

hey man don't judge me

ah... no, sorry... i wasn't judging. i just like how open you are.


[Image: 68747470733a2f2f33382e6d656469612e74756d...302e676966]
nerd
the nigga ya love to hate
Banned
Posts: 746
Threads: 40
Joined: Jul 2015
08-22-2015, 11:28 PM
#15916 (22)
(08-22-2015, 11:25 PM)suicid3Panda Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 11:04 PM)desu Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 10:45 PM)suicid3Panda Wrote: @Desu  >>I had to have a colonoscopy.

LMAO you're an amazing character :)

hey man don't judge me

ah... no, sorry... i wasn't judging. i just like how open you are.


[Image: 68747470733a2f2f33382e6d656469612e74756d...302e676966]

yes, internet anonymity is great, isn't it
[+] 1 user loves nerd's post
COUPLED WITH U
MAYBE WE COULD
WWWWWWWW
Posts: 463
Threads: 39
Joined: Jan 2015
Reputation: 8
08-23-2015, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2015, 01:36 AM by COUPLED WITH U.)
#15928 (23)
seems i've had second thoughts about this post

w/e

sad life

:broken_heart:
[+] 1 user loves COUPLED WITH U's post