"Im leaving" threads

by Ares

Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 12:31 PM by Ares.)
#35739 (1)
So can we get this rule or something, if someone makes a "Im leaving" thread and they come back and post they will get a perm ban. :)
Atleast the thread should be junked + warning for making one.
idek
cereal killer
lainchan
Posts: 206
Threads: 23
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 5
01-24-2016, 12:05 PM
#35740 (2)
that seems too #harsh, maybe admins/mods can just delete the "I'm leaving" thread


MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
too cheesy?
[+] 1 user loves idek's post
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 12:06 PM
#35741 (3)
(01-24-2016, 12:05 PM)idek Wrote: that seems too #harsh, maybe admins/mods can just delete the "I'm leaving" thread

If you say that you are going to leave then you are going to leave, whats the point in comming back? I think it would be a good thing if staff gave them a perm ban to help them leave the forum for good since they already decided on their thread that they were leaving.
Mez
The village dollfag
lainchan
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2016
Reputation: 3
01-24-2016, 12:10 PM
#35742 (4)
Usually from past experience with other communities, mostly small knit chans when someone announces their leaving 80% of the time their not actually leaving and their going to come back. Other 20% seems just to want to try to stir up emotions or something.

If your going to leave just leave, pm people you want to stay in contact with some details on how they can get a hold of you and go there is no need for a thread about it.
[+] 1 user loves Mez's post
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 12:11 PM
#35743 (5)
(01-24-2016, 12:10 PM)Mez Wrote: Usually from past experience with other communities, mostly small knit chans when someone announces their leaving 80% of the time their not actually leaving and their going to come back. Other 20% seems just to want to try to stir up emotions or something.

If your going to leave just leave, pm people you want to stay in contact with some details on how they can get a hold of you and go there is no need for a thread about it.

Thats called wanting attention. Something like the #Feels channel on the lewd discord server had A LOT of. Hence why if someone makes a "Im leaving" thread they should be banned or atleast the thread should be junked + warning for making one.
idek
cereal killer
lainchan
Posts: 206
Threads: 23
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 5
01-24-2016, 12:12 PM
#35744 (6)
(01-24-2016, 12:06 PM)Ares Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:05 PM)idek Wrote: that seems too #harsh, maybe admins/mods can just delete the "I'm leaving" thread

If you say that you are going to leave then you are going to leave, whats the point in comming back? I think it would be a good thing if staff gave them a perm ban to help them leave the forum for good since they already decided on their thread that they were leaving.
What about deleting the thread and giving them a warning? That could work.


MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
too cheesy?
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 12:14 PM
#35745 (7)
(01-24-2016, 12:12 PM)idek Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:06 PM)Ares Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:05 PM)idek Wrote: that seems too #harsh, maybe admins/mods can just delete the "I'm leaving" thread

If you say that you are going to leave then you are going to leave, whats the point in comming back? I think it would be a good thing if staff gave them a perm ban to help them leave the forum for good since they already decided on their thread that they were leaving.
What about deleting the thread and giving them a warning? That could work.

Thats what I wrote in the response above ur post ^^
idek
cereal killer
lainchan
Posts: 206
Threads: 23
Joined: Sep 2015
Reputation: 5
01-24-2016, 12:15 PM
#35746 (8)
>>35745
yeahh i just noticed


MESS WITH THE BEST, DIE LIKE THE REST
too cheesy?
Mez
The village dollfag
lainchan
Posts: 23
Threads: 2
Joined: Jan 2016
Reputation: 3
01-24-2016, 12:18 PM
#35747 (9)
(01-24-2016, 12:11 PM)Ares Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:10 PM)Mez Wrote: Usually from past experience with other communities, mostly small knit chans when someone announces their leaving 80% of the time their not actually leaving and their going to come back. Other 20% seems just to want to try to stir up emotions or something.

If your going to leave just leave, pm people you want to stay in contact with some details on how they can get a hold of you and go there is no need for a thread about it.

Thats called wanting attention. Something like the #Feels channel on the lewd discord server had A LOT of. Hence why if someone makes a "Im leaving" thread they should be banned or atleast the thread should be junked + warning for making one.

Well it can be, probably most of the time. Either way such discussions should probably be deleted I'm for that. Just instigates drama.
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 12:20 PM
#35748 (10)
(01-24-2016, 12:18 PM)Mez Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:11 PM)Ares Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 12:10 PM)Mez Wrote: Usually from past experience with other communities, mostly small knit chans when someone announces their leaving 80% of the time their not actually leaving and their going to come back. Other 20% seems just to want to try to stir up emotions or something.

If your going to leave just leave, pm people you want to stay in contact with some details on how they can get a hold of you and go there is no need for a thread about it.

Thats called wanting attention. Something like the #Feels channel on the lewd discord server had A LOT of. Hence why if someone makes a "Im leaving" thread they should be banned or atleast the thread should be junked + warning for making one.

Well it can be, probably most of the time. Either way such discussions should probably be deleted I'm for that. Just instigates drama.

Well thats why I made this thread :)
Inkjet Printer
How does this work?
Banned
Posts: 810
Threads: 20
Joined: Sep 2015
01-24-2016, 12:29 PM
#35749 (11)
I never said I'm never coming back. Perma banning people is way too harsh. I don't actively check the site anymore and I only respond to my own thread because it makes logical sense. My thread will die.

BTW I'm replying here because this thread was brought to my attention by a friend.
[+] 2 users love Inkjet Printer's post
Backlash
Thread Necromancer
Nephilim
Posts: 984
Threads: 33
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 15
01-24-2016, 12:29 PM
#35750 (12)
IIRC, Senpai himself said that it happens pretty often. It's gotten to the point where he just reads it as "I'm taking a break."

Still, making a thread announcing you're leaving is definitely poor form.

Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 12:32 PM
#35752 (13)
(01-24-2016, 12:29 PM)RevonZZ Wrote: IIRC, Senpai himself said that it happens pretty often. It's gotten to the point where he just reads it as "I'm taking a break."

Still, making a thread announcing you're leaving is definitely poor form.

hence why atleast junking + warning
Yuu
ℳℴℯ❤ ( ´・‿-) ~ ♥
lainchan
Posts: 370
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2014
Reputation: 9
01-24-2016, 12:40 PM
#35754 (14)
It doesn't bother me much and making it some kind of rule seems unnecessary to me. Although I can agree that it can sometimes be a cry for attention, if I ever were to leave I'll just.. leave and don't say anything. But should probably only allow it in ebola, also remove ebola threads from being displayed in the prostats (bottom stats).
[+] 1 user loves Yuu's post
Kiss of Death
Deliciously Salty
Nephilim
Posts: 541
Threads: 72
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 21
01-24-2016, 12:55 PM
#35755 (15)
Ebola threads, or lounge threads in general, are already removed from this tidbit, yuu.

In my opinion, if you do decide to leave, just stick to this decision, at least for a while. Decisions like that are meant to be thought through; if you know you're going to regret leaving, then don't leave at all. If the decision is half-assed, don't even bother.
The ones doing it strictly for attention, upon receiving said attention, will be punished - if only by myself. You leave, then you no longer care - lewd is the past you can only remember, not something you can just check as often as you used to (looking at @Inkjet Printer). If you need a push in that direction, just request a ban, you can always get unbanned by messaging us on discord/email we will give you upon banning on request. One message saying goodbye is alright, but actively talking after your leave does not give you any more credibility, and rather makes you seem untrustworthy, so that's something to consider.

tl;dr - you don't want to leave, then don't, and if you do, stop checking this place as if you're still a part of it, and not its history. If you regret your decision later on the road and feel like coming back, you're always welcome, as long as you're not only doing it for the attention.

[+] 2 users love Kiss of Death's post
Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,862
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
01-24-2016, 01:08 PM
#35757 (16)
lewd is harder to quit than cocaine.

[+] 5 users love Melancholy's post
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 01:36 PM
#35760 (17)
>>35755
> Ebola threads, or lounge threads in general, are already removed from this tidbit,
> yuu.
>
> In my opinion, if you do decide to leave, just stick to this decision, at least
> for a while. Decisions like that are meant to be thought through; if you know you're
> going to regret leaving, then don't leave at all. If the decision is half-assed,
> don't even bother.
> The ones doing it strictly for attention, upon receiving said attention, will be
> punished - if only by myself. You leave, then you no longer care - lewd is the past
> you can only remember, not something you can just check as often as you used to
> (looking at @Inkjet Printer). If you need a push in that direction, just request
> a ban, you can always get unbanned by messaging us on discord/email we will give
> you upon banning on request. One message saying goodbye is alright, but actively
> talking after your leave does not give you any more credibility, and rather makes
> you seem untrustworthy, so that's something to consider.
>
> tl;dr - you don't want to leave, then don't, and if you do, stop checking this place
> as if you're still a part of it, and not its history. If you regret your decision
> later on the road and feel like coming back, you're always welcome, as long as you're
> not only doing it for the attention.

>>35757
> lewd is harder to quit than cocaine.

But cant you just junk the goodbye thread and give the user a warning. Thats how its being handled on other forums and its working great. No kids make these threads to get attention and noone has to feel bad cus you never knew who the user was ;((((((((((
Gumpyyy
someday I might use this site
Loli
Posts: 53
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2015
Reputation: 3
01-24-2016, 01:47 PM
#35762 (18)
>35760
>noone has to feel bad cus you never knew who the user was ;((((((((((

THIS

Melancholy
すけべ
Admin
Posts: 3,862
Threads: 213
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 60
01-24-2016, 03:42 PM
#35765 (19)
>>35760
it seems kind of moot to give them a warning when they "leave" for a month and the warning would be expired

Equinox
Former Lewd.SX Owner
#F8365B
Posts: 483
Threads: 48
Joined: Jul 2014
Reputation: 8
01-24-2016, 03:53 PM
#35767 (20)
I think that, for the most part, when people announce they're taking their leave, they don't actually know whether they /really/ want to leave or not. And while the amount of threads has been increasing, I don't think it would be right to warn, or ban a user for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be akin to one saying "goodbye" to a teacher at their school, but then being expelled when they next come for not saying "see you later" instead?

I honestly don't think it's to start drama--I've never seen a leaving thread start drama. And also, some people lurk after they "leave", and while it isn't much of a goodbye if they are still logging in, they aren't contributing, so they are essentially a "ghost", perhaps.

Back to my first point, since I'm really bad at sticking to a single idea, I don't think people who leave really know if they want to or not, and this is why you see some people still browsing, even after they've said goodbye, or even coming back in some cases. I find it childish if you play the whole "I'm leaving. I'm coming back" game over and over. That's just me though.


"The entire internet is located here, on a single CD-ROM!"
Part of the glorious Linux master race.

[Image: 687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f69534f65312f...362e706e67]
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...412e6a7067]
[+] 1 user loves Equinox's post
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 04:06 PM
#35769 (21)
(01-24-2016, 03:42 PM)Senpai Wrote: >>35760
it seems kind of moot to give them a warning when they "leave" for a month and the warning would be expired

Goodbye as in they are leaving the forum for good and then come back after 2 days. Atleast junk the thread...
Vosaiu
私を忘れて
Yandere
Posts: 393
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 7
01-24-2016, 04:42 PM
#35771 (22)
It's always very silly to see a leaving thread on here. No, I don't think action would need to be taken if it's in 'Ebola'. Part of why people make these threads in the first place (outside of drama) is to keep in touch with the people they liked from whatever community they're leaving, so elaboration isn't all that bad.
Ares
meme
Posts: 109
Threads: 3
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 2
01-24-2016, 05:11 PM
#35776 (23)
(01-24-2016, 04:42 PM)Vosaiu Wrote: It's always very silly to see a leaving thread on here. No, I don't think action would need to be taken if it's in 'Ebola'. Part of why people make these threads in the first place (outside of drama) is to keep in touch with the people they liked from whatever community they're leaving, so elaboration isn't all that bad.

Then they can just pm the people they want to stay in touch with instead of making a thread.
Vosaiu
私を忘れて
Yandere
Posts: 393
Threads: 13
Joined: Jun 2015
Reputation: 7
01-24-2016, 05:16 PM
#35777 (24)
I'm not saying that I'm for these threads. I guess it's more of a devil's advocate thing, no? It just seems like taking action there would be pretty pointless.
[+] 3 users love Vosaiu's post
LoliPantsu
Take it easy
Lazies
Posts: 270
Threads: 16
Joined: Jul 2015
Reputation: 3
01-24-2016, 06:58 PM
#35778 (25)
The "I'm leaving threads" are just a forum thing. I think it's unavoidable in a forum so it's best to just ignore it if you don't like it.
[+] 2 users love LoliPantsu's post