Capture the Flag Tournament

by LucianDreamer

LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-07-2018, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2018, 11:00 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78070 (26)
>With the enemy flag just 30 seconds away from returning itself to its owner base, IA stopped halfway between Sally and the flag, but she tries again, placing her feet fast on the ground, with her right foot one step ahead and hold her breath.

IA: "You're about to hear my voice an octave or two higher than usual."

>IA then lets loose another charge, eyes wide and bellowing out a melodic-like heeya tune, speed lines dash through her as she clears through the field with her bayonet pointing right at Sally again in hopes she had better start running. Just as Sally and Kirino gets spooked, IA extends her reach as far as she can before attempting to impale them both in their chests.

>Nanami, now inside the MCV, starts up the engine, makes a quick right out of the depot and onto the spot where the enemy flag was dropped. Within 20 seconds before their flag heads back to the base, she gives out the horn just once before letting herself out and lifted it up from the ground again.

Announcer: "Team USA flag taken!"

>It was then that Tora knew what Nanami was up to, and radios in from just inside the JP base's building.


Tora: "Nanami, great work with that vehicle in time! We thought we wouldn't even make it once."
Nanami (In an MCV): "Psst, I'm no hero, you know."
Tora: "But you are now, anyways, get it back here quick before they know what's up."
Nanami (In an MCV): "I'm coming over in a bit."

>Kazuko wiped out the enemy APC; it won't come back for another two full minutes (less than 100 seconds real time from its instant destruction).

>She then sets her sights onto Taylor, laser sight still on, and can see her targets through walls, but her bullets won't.

Kazuko: "Come out of there with your pretty face so I can take you."
Kozakura: "What is going on?"
Tora: "We got like three enemies trying to get to where I am, sneak up behind them if you will."
Kozakura: "Too risky for them, I'll see what I can do."

>Nanami approaches the JP base with the enemy flag visibly shown on the gunner's roof of the MCV, and sounds the horn to clear the way.

>10 minutes have passed since the match started.

Spoiler

Tora: < Rifleman > 100/100
Kozakura: < Operative > 100/100
Yutori: < Pointman > 100/100 (Respawned)
Kazuko: < Designated Marksman > 100/100
IA: < Combat Medic > 79/100
Nanami: < Support > 100/100 (In an MCV, carrying the enemy's flag)
MCV APC: 10/10

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Backlash
TAIWAN NUMBAH ONE!
Nephilim
Posts: 2,810
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 29
06-08-2018, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2018, 10:27 PM by Backlash.)
#78074 (27)
Kirino: "Dammit, I can't keep my sights on her!"
Sally: "Do I care? Get your shit together and- Huurk!"

> One moment, the android was still ten yards away. Then suddenly the old soldier found herself with a lovely little sword-bayonet right between the ribs.

> She struggled against IA's gun as the world turned to black, just in time to see Kirino blow her away with a single close-range shell.

Sally: "Well... ya got her..."

> Kirino had already dropped to her knees, cradled Sally's back, started fumbling for her first aid kit when the light left her comrade's eyes. She looked on, horrified, till remembering she'd be back to yelling at her in a quick minute.


> Luckily, things had gone a wee bit better on the far side of the field. While Harriet and Kay kept the enemy pinned behind a rock, Kazuko could've watched Taylor pull the pin on a rather strange white-and-yellow grenade. She cooked it for two seconds, before stepping out of cover to hurl it right beside Tora.


Taylor: "Ey Jap, ever met my friend Willy Pete?!"

> A moment later, the space behind the rock was filled by a burst of white smoke and arcs of fireballs. As the wind wafted the fumes towards Kazuko, even she might've flinched as their acrid stench burnt the delicate bits of her face. Tora was nowhere to be seen.


Taylor: "Tellin' ya, he's a super-swell guy."

> At last, Kay and Harriet rose from the mud and joined their comrade. The former smiled ear-to-ear as she clapped Taylor on the back, but Harriet seemed perturbed.


Kay: "You're one sick mother, Coleman. But I like your style."
Harriet: "Poor sod. Never even stood a chance."
Taylor: "Aw c'mon, H! Lighten up!"
Harriet: "Our flag is gone."
Kay: "WHAT?!"

> Sure enough, the flag was long-gone. Lieutenant Kousaka was alone where the enemy had previously dropped it. Kay gnashed her teeth and clenched hands into her hair.


Kay: "Hun, darlin'! Why didn't you tell me?!"
Harriet: "I'd tried to. You couldn't hear me. Besides, they had a tank."
Taylor: "For real?"
Harriet: "Some sorta wheeled vehicle with a giant gun mounted on top. Woulda blown the COMVAT to smithereens, I'll bet."

> Kay growled with consternation. But then she took in a deep breath, placed hands upon her hips, and peered off into the sky with the appearance of calm.


Kay: "Sounds like we've got ourselves in a real tangle! As far as I'm seein', we just ain't got the manpower or mobility to mount an assault and defend at the same time... You gals thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"
Harriet: "'When in doubt...'"
Taylor: "... Escalate!"

> Kay had hoped it wouldn't have to come to this. Against an enemy stocked with androids, anti-materiel rifles, and an amphibious tank gun, she saw little alternative.

> One all-out assault would take their base, netting her team the win by default.

> Two minutes later - a little over the amount of time it took for Kay to make it to a radio - the Japanese finally got word that the their enemies had decided to raise the stakes. Their own forces would be delayed by an extra minute, just enough time for the first American tanks to reach the foot of the hill.


> Tora and IA are eliminated and has already respawned back at base. Meanwhile, the Japanese marksman has eyes on Taylor, who was ordered to hold position alongside Sally near the wrecked COMVAT.

> Kay, Kirino, and the two gals who just respawned, they've crammed into an M2 Bradley with three regular army personnel. They're joined by two M1 tanks, and an AH-1 cobra to act as airborne fire-support.
> The total player count's been upped to 32, and both teams can bring additional weapons and vehicles to the fight.

Strike Team Seven-Six

Kay Springfield - < Rifleman > - 96/100
Kirino Kousaka - < Shotgunner > - 100/100
Harriet Seaver - < Machine Gunner > - 100/100
Taylor Coleman - < Combat Engineer > - 100/100
Sally Rhodes - < Sniper > - 100/100
Ashley Heath - < Pointman> - 100/100
COMVAT - < Prototype APC > - (Respawning)
Fireteam Charlie - < Riflemen > - 3/3
M1 Abrams - < Main Battle Tank > - 2/2
AH-1Z Cobra - < Helicopter Gunship > - 1/1

[+] 1 user loves Backlash's post
LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-08-2018, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 08:03 AM by LucianDreamer.)
#78075 (28)
Tora: *gasps* "I wouldn't consider this, but too late now, everyone to the MCV!"
Kazuko: "Nanami, when you get in close, toss that enemy flag over to me and I'll secure the point for you."
Nanami (In an MCV): "Roger that, Kazuko!"

>Tora, IA, and Yutori sprint up into the MCV as quickly as we can manage. Nanami is still the driver, Tora still gives orders, Yutori takes the gunner position, and IA as the loader.

>Kazuko and Kozakura will stay behind to defend.
>As the 12th minute passes, with only 8 minutes to go, Nanami tosses the enemy flag acting as a decoy to fool the Americans into thinking she give it up only for Kazuko to nab it again before it reaches the ground and secures it.

Announcer: "Team Japan takes the lead, 1 to 0!"

>The Team USA flag is now back at the respective base, ready to be taken again, as if it just disappeared from Kazuko's hands.


Tora (In an MCV): "Great job, Nanami!"
Nanami (In an MCV): "No need to say thanks to you, leader."
Tora (In an MCV): "All right Nanami, use your radio to signal our support, just this once."
Nanami (In an MCV): "Got it, this is Ground Support Nambu Nanami to our closest JSDF commanders, we have a tense situation in here, we can't handle this by ourselves, please send in the cavalry (MiGs) over our position, by the enemy base."
JSDF Commander: "Affirmative and copy, we are sending in a deterrent detachment over and out."

>Kazuko trains her sights through Taylor's hiding spot and decides to use a frag grenade to lure her out. She didn't realize she already took 20 damage from being attempted to move away from her defensive position in the previous two minutes.


Kazuko: "Who do you call my friends Japs? That's... absurdly rude. Eat my pine-shaped ration and die."

>In the meanwhile, the MCV is preparing to move out onto the midfield, where the four will join the ensuing commotion nearby.


Spoiler

Tora: < Rifleman > 100/100 (In an MCV, commander)
Kozakura: < Operative > 100/100
Yutori: < Pointman > 100/100 (In an MCV, gunner)
Kazuko: < Designated Marksman > 80/100
IA: < Combat Medic > 100/100 (In an MCV, loader)
Nanami: < Support > 100/100 (In an MCV, driver)
MCV APC: 10/10

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Backlash
TAIWAN NUMBAH ONE!
Nephilim
Posts: 2,810
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 29
06-10-2018, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 01:52 PM by Backlash.)
#78096 (29)
> Taylor and Harriet flinched when the grenade went off just behind the COMVAT. Her eyes watering with dirt and acrid smoke, Taylor clenched her teeth and leaned out beside the ruined vehicle with her submachine gun.

> Meanwhile, the Cobra passed low overhead. But the thicket of bamboo forest obscured its optics, and the Japanese MCV passed right beside them. With little choice, the pilot swept for a pass at their base with the rockets.


Cobra Pilot: "Damn thing handles like a damn tank, y'know that?"
Cobra Gunner: "What, you'd rather fly a recon chopper?"
Cobra Pilot: "Why not, hun? I'd be -free- as a -bird-, spotting bad guys from afar."
Cobra Gunner: "Heh, sounds pretty comfy. What happens when the enemy tries to slap you with a SAM?"
Cobra Pilot: "The Kiowas can defend themselves. They've got either a gun or four missiles for warding off helicopters. Speakin' of which, did the commander bring any triple-A?"
Cobra Gunner: "S'far as I've heard, she spent our entire budget on tanks and support infantry."
Cobra Pilot: "So we're hosed if the enemy brings a helo."
Cobra Gunner: "Mm, not quite. The vulcan packs a real wallop. Just point me at the cockpit and I'll let 'em loose."
Cobra Pilot: "Heh. I'm counting on you, Moya."
Moya: "Don't believe me, Arnette? Just watch."

> The damage to the Japanese base was significant. A large fuel tank had burst into flames, setting alight several Chugata Type 73 logistics trucks. These trucks then exploded themselves, scattering flaming parts all about the area, including the bamboo forest all around the depot.


> A grisly sight awaited the MCV as it veered around the bend into the clearing where the COMVAT still laid. Long stalks of bamboo fell and splintered underneath three American vehicles, including two tanks. Whatever snap shots they might've taken either bounced off the armor or fell just beside their intended target. With two blasts from the Abrams tanks, the MCV and its occupants were no more.

> As they passed, one of the tank-commanders opened the hatch and called out to Harriet.

Tank Commander: "Hop on, loser! We're about to go slap some Japs!"

> The American vehicles have already reached the edge of the forest encircling the Japanese base.

> The MCV, and its occupants, will have to respawn. Luckily, they are now able to call in their own reinforcements to meet the enemy.
> Nobody has noticed Kazuko yet.
> To make matters worse, a flame is licking at the dry brush at the base of the bamboo outside the Japanese base. If the wind strikes right, it could easily turn into a forest fire.

Strike Team Seven-Six

Kay Springfield - < Rifleman > - 96/100
Kirino Kousaka - < Shotgunner > - 100/100
Harriet Seaver - < Machine Gunner > - 100/100
Taylor Coleman - < Combat Engineer > - 100/100
Sally Rhodes - < Sniper > - 100/100
Ashley Heath - < Pointman> - 100/100
COMVAT - < Prototype APC > - (Respawning)
Fireteam Charlie - < Riflemen > - 3/3
M1 Abrams - < Main Battle Tank > - 2/2
AH-1Z Cobra - < Helicopter Gunship > - 5/5
>> Arnette MacMillan - < Pilot > - 100/100
>> Moya Areshima - < Gunner > - 100/100

LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-10-2018, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 02:32 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78097 (30)
>Both teams' maps are updated real-time to show reduced bamboo stalks near the JP spawn and smoke emitted from midfield.
>At 13 minutes in, the four members of Team Japan respawned simultaneously, but the vehicle won't come back until the five minute warning sound comes in. Luckily, the Japanese had already made its first capture since the previous minute, if the team holds on for the remaining seven minutes; Team Japan will take the victory without ever needing to have three captures.

Kazuko: "I'll have my bullets ripping through those wing blades out of the air."
Tora: "This is getting a bit hectic now, no more screwing around now."
Yutori: "We can take them to the death with us, again and again until they give up."
Tora: "Geez, it's a smelly day here."

>Whilst Kazuko attempts to put down some enemy helicopters with her sniper rifle, Tora and the rest of the team will hold on to the JP flag to prevent a stealing attempt for a tie.

>It's about to get worse, the foggy sky mixed with smoke soon turned ugly, it is going to rain bad, a monsoon storm from the south China Sea is underway.
>Kazuko is very accurate at what she's doing, doing whatever she can to whittle down their numbers.
>Kozakura would have no choice but to resort to her PM-9, only reserved for emergencies.

Spoiler

Tora: < Rifleman > 100/100
Kozakura: < Operative > 100/100
Yutori: < Pointman > 100/100
Kazuko: < Designated Marksman > 80/100
IA: < Combat Medic > 100/100
Nanami: < Support > 100/100
MCV APC: (Respawning)

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Backlash
TAIWAN NUMBAH ONE!
Nephilim
Posts: 2,810
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 29
06-11-2018, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 05:14 PM by Backlash.)
#78115 (31)
> Kay Springfield kept a close ear on the situation via a commset linked to the vehicle's radio. The air inside the Bradley was chokingly hot. The six of them - Kay, Kirino, Taylor, Sally, Ashley, and one of the regular Army soldiers - all glistened with sweat in the dim red light of the compartment.

Kay: "Bronco actual, this is Able One-One! Give me a sitrep!"
Bronco 1 Tank Commander: "We're movin' through some sort of a forest fire. The thermals are going nuts."
Kay: "Do you have eyes on the enemy base?!"
Bronco 1 Tank Commander: "Negative Able, but we'll be there soon. Y'all might wanna suit up with some gas masks, at least!"

> Kay pursed her lips. As she stared at the headset in her palm, a drop of of her own sweat fell upon the cupped earpiece.


Kay: "Bronco actual, we copy. Able out. ... He says that like we've even got one!"
Ashley: "Ma'am?!"
Kay: "There's a forest fire going on outside. Thermals are shot... Ashe, hun, we'll be countin' on your smokes."

> At this, Ashley nodded and gave a curt little salute.


Ashley: "You can count on me, captain! Poor sods won't even know what hit 'em!"
Sally: "I assume we're making a run for the enemy flag. Where does that leave me?"
Kay: "Sally, darlin? I'd reckon it's best if you stay with Bronco 3 here, and provide recon. Pick off targets of opportunity, but keep your eyes on the forest. We dunno what they're gonna roll out next."
Taylor: "Meanwhile the rest of us'll blow 'em to smithereens!"

> Kay laughed.


Kay: "That's awful, eh, how do I put it... macrabe. Awful macrabe of you, hun. Just make sure they don't pop ya peekin' round a corner. You'll be the first line 'a defense against their Type 10's."
Kirino: "And me, captain?"
Kay: "Yeh hun, the rest of us are gonna link up with Harriet offa one of the tanks, and make a beeline for their flag. If we're lucky, we can hitch a ride on a truck or somethin' there."

> Having said that, Kay quickly phoned up Bronco 2, where Harriet had squeezed in beside the tank commander. Given an overview of the plan, she returned,


Harriet: "That's a bold move, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out."

> Meanwhile, Taylor nudged the regular Army soldier sitting beside her. He was a younger man, about Kay's age. A beautiful man with sable hair and eyes like impure sapphire. She asked him,


Taylor: "Ey, hun. You ready for this?"

> He laughed a little.


Avery: "Trained? Definitely. Experienced? Eh, maybe. But if there's one thing I've learned, hun, you're never ready."

> Sally looked on quietly.


> At last, the moment had come. With little to hear over the din of the blaze all around them, the first hint of the Americans' presence was a tank shell exploding upon the dirt in the middle of the depot. Tall stalks of flaming bamboo fell before the vehicles, before a fog of smoke hid the combatants from each other. Still the bullets flew, aimed blindly, along with bursts from the Bradley and shells from the two Abrams tanks.

> Tora was the first to hear them just outside the fortified fence ringing the base.

Kay: "C-4! I need C-4!"
Taylor: "Waaay ahead 'a ya, cap'n!

> With a deafening *CLAP*, the explosives blew that section of the wall to pieces. Shattered concrete showered Tora as the enemy rushed into the breach.


Kay: "C'mon gals, let's get in there!"
Avery: "Enemy shooter, find cover now!"
Ashley: "Smokes, going out!"
Taylor: "Got a building here, tossing 'nade!"
Kirino: "There she is, that android! Pin her down as best you can!"
Harriet: "Laying down suppressing fire!"

> The US team has launched a massive assault on the Japanese base, bringing vehicles, heavy weapons, and a regular army soldier to assist. A team of six has breached the perimiter of the base.

> The cobra is unavailable as  Kazuko hit the engines. The pilots safely autorotated into a forest, but without a mechanic, it'll have to be abandoned and respawn.
> The Abrams and Bradley can't see, but they're still firing into the Japanese base. One shell from the Abrams exploded just five meters from Yutori's feet.
> Thermal optics are useless in the forest.
> The sky is getting darker by the second. A powerful storm will be rolling in from the sea, bringing torrential rain to the battlespace.

Strike Team Seven-Six

Kay Springfield - < Rifleman > - 96/100
Kirino Kousaka - < Shotgunner > - 100/100
Harriet Seaver - < Machine Gunner > - 100/100
Taylor Coleman - < Combat Engineer > - 100/100
Sally Rhodes - < Sniper > - 100/100
Ashley Heath - < Pointman > - 100/100
Avery Silverton - < Rifleman > - 100/100
COMVAT - < Prototype APC > - (Respawning)

Bronco One - < M1 Abrams MBT > - 30/30
Bronco Two - < M1 Abrams MBT > - 30/30
Bronco Three - < M2 Bradley APC > - 10/10

Fireteam Charlie - < Riflemen, guarding flag > - 2/2

AH-1Z Cobra - < Helicopter Gunship > - (Abandoned)
>> Arnette MacMillan - < Pilot > - 100/100
>> Moya Areshima - < Gunner > - 100/100

LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-11-2018, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 07:15 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78127 (32)
Announcer: "FIVE MINUTES... REMAINING!"
*followed by Kay stealing the JP flag a split second later*
Announcer: "Team Japan flag taken!"
*followed by Kazuko's sniper shot towards Kay a second later*
Announcer: "Team Japan flag dropped!"
*followed by Kirino retaking the flag from Kay's last known position*
Announcer: "Team Japan flag taken!"
*followed by Kazuko again taking a shot on Kirino for a double kill*
Announcer: "Team Japan flag dropped!"

Kazuko: *whisper* "They tried to run like dogs, I'll shoot the daylights out of them goodbye." *as she keeps picking off the enemy from a distance by a long shot*
She continues *whisper* "And you thought I was a damned camper, but I am the one, hehe."

>Tora and the rest of the team are getting spawn-killed relentlessly, resetting the spawn timer at every opportunity the enemy can get. Once Kazuko realizes they just keep on coming, eventually her position is going to be exposed by the fire advancing on her back.


Kazuko: "Huh? Oh, shoot, no! My favorite bush! S---!"

>Without giving any thought about the fire, she puts her rifle to her back strap and starts dashing towards the JP base just as the rains start coming down. It's the start of a rainy season.


Kazuko: "Somebody, get our flag back!" *she attempts to snipe the enemy COMVAT from behind another bush*

>Tora and the team as well as the MCV respawned in time, but since the JP base keeps being hammered by the enemy team, it is only a matter of time before the spawn-killing spree gets out of hand.

>And here at last, a deadly lightning storm from the sea coming ashore, the BGM appears to have muffled due to the heavy rain.

Spoiler

Tora: < Rifleman > 100/100 (Respawned)
Kozakura: < Operative > 100/100
Yutori: < Pointman > 100/100 (Respawned)
Kazuko: < Designated Marksman > 80/100
IA: < Combat Medic > 100/100
Nanami: < Support > 100/100 (Respawned)
MCV APC: 10/10 (Respawned)

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-13-2018, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2018, 07:34 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78153 (33)
OOC: I am taking a quick break, just another friendly reminder to new players only, you are encouraged to volunteer for a spot that hasn't been picked and we already filled in three country slots (USA, Japan, and Thailand). So far, two players are pending for joining are: @All in One and @Sakuya Izayoi

Next match after this will be held this Saturday.

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Angel
Spooky Ghost
Devil Manor
Posts: 854
Threads: 36
Joined: Jan 2017
Reputation: 9
06-13-2018, 10:41 PM
#78155 (34)
I don't think I can do this. The speech portion I mean
LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-14-2018, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78158 (35)
(06-13-2018, 10:41 PM)Sakuya Izayoi Wrote: I don't think I can do this. The speech portion I mean
OOC: For mobile users, when the match starts during your picked country's turn against your opponent's, you just pick a number from 1 to 6 and select a variety of commands for your characters to do stuff. Even if you don't do so, your characters will act independently and are intelligent enough to move around, defend, attack, and progress through the match in the form of Freelance. Your team simply has to make 3 flag captures (unless the timer reaches zero after 20 in-game minutes of play in which the team with the highest capture score wins a match). Don't worry about your teammates or your opponent's characters dying; they'll just respawn back at base at full health after 15 seconds.

For you in this case, you simply tell me which country you want to represent your team, and then which six characters you want me to draft for you. It has to match the country they originate from, so I can locate it easier. Once I get your characters drafted, you sit tight until you're called in by the dice roll between matches by seed number, and when that occurs, you then get to choose a map, time, and weather conditions. That is all there is to it.

Here is the speech feature that has always been around since the first Unreal Tournament, no need for fancy quotations or purple texting required:

Spoiler

1: Response to Orders (By default, your characters will automatically do this whenever an order is received, though in some situations they won't take action and instead respond with Negative, No Can Do, etc.)
2: Friendly Fire (By default, your characters will automatically do this whenever friendly damage is taken)
3: Issue Orders (Defend, Hold Position, Attack, Provide Cover, Search and Destroy, which is actually freelance mode)
4: Other (This is used to relay your teammates depending on the situation such as Base Uncovered, Get Our Flag Back, In Position, I Got Your Back, etc.)
5: Taunt (Your character will attempt to taunt the enemy team, which can be heard across the map either through whisper, normal, or loud) NOTE: Some taunts are mature-rated, so use it carefully.
6: Self-Animations (Your character can choose a wide variety of poses but all it does is to waste time, it serves purely as comic relief)

Update on the Tournament Tree: Since @losi is still in the process of drafting but inactive for the past 2 weeks, I have to turn his chosen country Thailand yellow, his opponents will skip him until he returns but he will have to catch up.

Spoiler

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f73686172652e646d63612e67...502e706e67]

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






[+] 1 user loves LucianDreamer's post
Backlash
TAIWAN NUMBAH ONE!
Nephilim
Posts: 2,810
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 29
06-15-2018, 04:48 PM
#78168 (36)
> Harriet Seaver grit her teeth as she clapped on the SAW's last magazine. The rain was coming down hard, now. Though the fires and lightning offered occasional glimpses at their enemy, she found herself relying mostly on their muzzle flashes to direct her fire.
> In any other case she would've kept her head down, contemplated retreat. But the game was down to the wire, and though she'd little taste for patriotism, she wouldn't stand to see her comrades humiliated by one-to-nothing loss.
> She took in the situation. Ashley was firing off short bursts with the carbine to her right. To her left, Taylor hid with that regular army boy behind a block of solid concrete. She was plumb out of SMAW rockets and had fallen back to the M79, which she used to devastating effect. But their foothold was untenable. Sooner or later, the numerical advantage would do them in. They had to get out of there, fast.
> Harriet glanced back to the tanks and the Bradley, and pursed her lips. She never liked long odds.

Harriet: "Bronco One-One, this is Able actual! Kay and the lieutenant are dead! We need direct fire support, ASAP!"
Bronco One Tank Commander: "Ehh... Roger, Able. What'd you have in mind?"

> She spared a glance at the enemy flag.


Harriet: "... We're about to order a little takeout."

> While the gunfire continued, the American vehicles charged headlong into the little hollow. Unwittingly, this exposed their weak top armor, allowing the Japanese to retaliate with their own anti-tank weapons.

> A deafening series of explosions rang out from Bronco Two. The turret went sky-high, landing atop one of the ruined Chugata trucks. One second later, Bronco One landed a shell right against their shooter's shoulder.
> Meanwhile, the Bradley burst through a flimsy portable building, spitting fire and missiles at anything that moved. Hereupon Harriet expended the last few bullets from her SAW, laid the weapon down, and locked eyes with her prize.

Harriet: "Eeasy now, hun. Just like track day at high school..."

> Her heart was pounding, her bright blue eyes were cast wide at the crumbling building the Japanese had holed up inside. When she leapt out from her position, her entire body committed itself to getting that flag.


Harriet: "COVER ME!"

> At that very moment, just as she'd caught sight of the edge of the clearing, Kazuko saw the flash of a rifle hidden in the foliage. A sharp *CRACK!* stung her left ear, and hereupon she might've noticed the trickle of blood suddenly flowing down her cheek.

> Another shot landed at her toes. And another, in the tree she'd just leapt beside.
> She was caught in a sniper-duel, and against a good shootist, at that. She could barely even see her opponent with the pouring rain and darkened skies, but that didn't stop her next shot from landing just a yard or two away.

> Harriet has the flag aboard the American APC, and is currently high-tailing it down the road to the American spawn. She's sure to earn the tie for her time, unless drastic action is taken.

> The COMVAT has returned, and is rushing out to the midfield to support Bronco Three. Kirino's driving, while Kay's got the gun.
> One of the Abrams tanks has been knocked out, along with its crew. They'll have to respawn back at base. As for the two pilots shot down by Kazuko, they've made it safely back to base on foot.

Strike Team Seven-Six

Kay Springfield - < Rifleman, in COMVAT > - 100/100
Kirino Kousaka - < Shotgunner, in COMVAT > - 100/100
Harriet Seaver - < Machine Gunner > - 71/100
Taylor Coleman - < Combat Engineer > - 56/100
Sally Rhodes - < Sniper > - 100/100
Ashley Heath - < Pointman > - 81/100
Avery Silverton - < Rifleman > - 100/100
COMVAT - < Prototype APC > - 10/10

Bronco One - < M1 Abrams MBT > - 28/30
Bronco Two - < M1 Abrams MBT > - (Respawning)
Bronco Three - < M2 Bradley APC > - 10/10

Fireteam Charlie - < Riflemen, guarding flag > - 2/2

AH-1Z Cobra - < Helicopter Gunship > - (Respawning)
>> Arnette MacMillan - < Pilot > - 100/100
>> Moya Areshima - < Gunner > - 100/100

LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-15-2018, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 06:36 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78171 (37)
>Kazuko knew she just lost one of her two ear piercings, and it hurt her a bit. Yet it didn't stop her, she gets into the prone position trying her hardest to land a blow on Sally.

Announcer: "Team Japan flag taken!"

>Soon, the American forces will score up a tie, which will force the game into overtime, they prefer attrition simply to slow Team Japan down and keep it embroiled with no way of getting out.

>With the respawning MCV back at the depot, Nanami and her three other friends tired of waiting for another respawn, impatiently gets in the vehicle and start pursuing after the Bradley, they spotted it heading midfield southeast and with only one tank shell it stopped their engine dead by a long shot.

Nanami (In an MCV): "Anyone else want some, huh!?"
Tora (In an MCV): "That is what you get for killing us repeatedly!"
Announcer: "Team Japan flag dropped!"

>Kozakura uses the cover again in another attempt to move through the field and go for the JP flag to recover, a simple touch of it once the flames subsided by the rain is all it took for an auto-return.


Announcer: "Team Japan flag returned!"
Announcer: "THREE MINUTES LEFT!"

>The crew inside the American COMVAT was taken out by the MCV before it suffered minor damage from a passing shell to its right side.


Spoiler

Tora: < Rifleman > 100/100 (In an MCV, commander)
Kozakura: < Operative > 100/100
Yutori: < Pointman > 100/100 (In an MCV, gunner)
Kazuko: < Designated Marksman > 55/100
IA: < Combat Medic > 100/100 (In an MCV, loader)
Nanami: < Support > 100/100 (In an MCV, driver)
MCV APC: 9/10

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Angel
Spooky Ghost
Devil Manor
Posts: 854
Threads: 36
Joined: Jan 2017
Reputation: 9
06-15-2018, 07:04 PM
#78174 (38)
Okay Italian team

I don't want to search for pics.

1. Sakuya Izayoi

2. Inu Sakuya

3. Suigintou

4. Kanade Tachibana

5. Alucard

6. L
Backlash
TAIWAN NUMBAH ONE!
Nephilim
Posts: 2,810
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 29
06-15-2018, 09:30 PM
#78176 (39)
I was hoping for at least a tie, but there doesn't seem to be any way I can come back from this. The round is yours, but we'll be back. In force. :3

[+] 1 user loves Backlash's post
LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-15-2018, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 10:21 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78178 (40)
Announcer: "Team Japan has won the match, 1-0! Team USA is two defeats away from elimination."

>All obstructions, smoke, deformation, etc. are automatically removed as if nothing had happened, but the storm still rages where the match ended.

>All contestants on the map are safely teleported back to their respective country's dorms.

>Now that our first tournament match is completed, right on time for another one to take place, as fans anxiously wait for who is up to compete next. Team USA has received a first defeat strike, and Team Japan moves on to the second stage, awaiting for either Team Poland or Team Australia to meet them.

>Second match of the first stage is decided by the roll. Here comes the 12-sided die as it rolls down the table.

*5 seconds later*

>A crazy eight! Team Russia and Team Germany is going for it next!


*Team Germany and Team Russia are lit up*

Spoiler

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f73686172652e646d63612e67...612e706e67]

>Uh oh, it looks like we need two players representing our next contestants before we can continue.

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Rose
Senior Member
Lewd Manor
Posts: 528
Threads: 22
Joined: Jan 2017
Reputation: 6
06-15-2018, 11:00 PM
#78182 (41)
I pick germany. Will add pics and names later tho laggy net when I need it ._.

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f63646e2e646973636f726461...622e706e67]
LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-16-2018, 06:05 PM
#78192 (42)
(06-15-2018, 11:00 PM)Scarlet Rose Wrote: I pick germany. Will add pics and names later tho laggy net when I need it ._.
OOC: Take your time, no need to rush; the match won't begin until a Team Russia player joins in, too.

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Backlash
TAIWAN NUMBAH ONE!
Nephilim
Posts: 2,810
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2015
Reputation: 29
06-17-2018, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2018, 10:26 AM by Backlash.)
#78201 (43)
Point of Order! o/

In lieu of having enough players to fill the slots, how's about giving our existing participants the option to deploy an "Expeditionary Force" of their main characters to another country? That way, they'll be able to work hand-in-hand with foreign NPC allies, while still using the equipment they've trained with throughout their careers.

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f63646e2e3461726368697665...672e706e67]

LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-17-2018, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2018, 05:12 PM by LucianDreamer.)
#78203 (44)
(06-17-2018, 10:25 AM)Backlash Wrote: Point of Order! o/

In lieu of having enough players to fill the slots, how's about giving our existing participants the option to deploy an "Expeditionary Force" of their main characters to another country? That way, they'll be able to work hand-in-hand with foreign NPC allies, while still using the equipment they've trained with throughout their careers.
>Just letting you know, there might be days when your players are too tired, too busy, or just plain too uninspired to write.

OOC: I thought you said to me in a PM you wrote regarding the lack of interest from most users, remember? This will put a lot of unnecessary burden on the participants that it would make them feel very uncomfortable in a fast-paced tournament setting they wouldn't feel like using it, it would feel more like Warfare from UT3, and not CTF. Participants have very, very short attention spans worse than even a goldfish in a bowl. CTF matches are resolved within a matter of minutes if you do it correctly, but Warfare takes much, much longer, often resulting in overtime long before one team ever manages to find their base and destroy it.
 
On easier difficulties, the A.I. move slower than you and can be taken out easily, but they will have trouble completing objectives that require speed and efficiency, thus they respawn a lot and you have to do most of the work for them, I know, how unfair, but I see it and been there. At harder difficulties, they'll plan way ahead of their opponent, have a fallback or two on their playbook in case the initial tactic don't work out and intelligently cooperate better, which is very close to what you expect in human-like clan wars, and I already knew that from my experience over the years.

And I already told you about the character limit before. Also, this is a non-canon, fan-made game purely for some classic action and fulfilling nostalgia, not make it look like an action movie. I'm sorry, but I don't feel like wasting my energy. >.<

However, if Lewd becomes super active like it used to in the old days when it was still developing (I wasn't around because of school), and we are more organized, then perhaps in the next tournament I'll do that, but not this time.

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-22-2018, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2018, 01:54 AM by LucianDreamer.)
#78244 (45)
OOC: Just a friendly reminder we need two players to represent Team Germany and Team Russia to join in so I can start the second match. *crosses fingers*

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






[+] 1 user loves LucianDreamer's post
Rose
Senior Member
Lewd Manor
Posts: 528
Threads: 22
Joined: Jan 2017
Reputation: 6
06-22-2018, 11:05 PM
#78251 (46)
Thimk I'm gonna pass sorry bud

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f63646e2e646973636f726461...622e706e67]
LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-25-2018, 12:36 PM
#78282 (47)
OOC: I know it is summer and all, but I am still receiving no word from our missing Germany and Russia.

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Heidegger
Loli Butt Enthusiast
Loli
Posts: 253
Threads: 2
Joined: Mar 2017
Reputation: 3
06-27-2018, 09:54 AM
#78307 (48)
i'll pick France. Tonight i post my six girls.
sorry for the delayed response, Lucian

                                                                                                                                                [Image: 68747470733a2f2f612e646f6b6f2e6d6f652f71...6b2e676966]

                                                                                       
[+] 2 users love Heidegger's post
LucianDreamer
Walker of the Light
Tsundere
Posts: 1,685
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2017
Reputation: 21
06-28-2018, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 10:13 AM by LucianDreamer.)
#78326 (49)
(06-27-2018, 09:54 AM)Heidegger Wrote: i'll pick France. Tonight i post my six girls.
sorry for the delayed response, Lucian
I don't see any coming from you. There are name generators out there I commonly use on occasion to name my original characters (OCs made by yourself). I'll give you the link to a French one that is in ENG so you can mess around with it and find the ones you want (not necessarily perfect).

Edit: I'll take care of it for you and mention you in here knowing you'll take control when it is your turn.

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/french_names.php

"Such a beautiful place isn't it, the glorious historical wonders of old is quite the masterpiece of our ancestry." ~ LucianDreamer
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f666f6e746d656d652e636f6d...652e706e67]






Angel
Spooky Ghost
Devil Manor
Posts: 854
Threads: 36
Joined: Jan 2017
Reputation: 9
06-30-2018, 05:44 PM
#78365 (50)
Can we just start? The prob of making rpgs in this forum is the amount of time wasted for replies. You said all is calculated by dice. So why not get this show in the road? ITALY FOR THE WIN